Mar 26, 2012

Crescendo, Hush, Hush, #2.

Crescendo.
Becca Fitzpatrick.
Publisher:Simon & Schuster.
Publication Date:October 19,2010.
Genre:YA Fantasy,Mystery,Romance.
Series:Hush,Hush,#2.
Format|Pages:Paperback|427
Source:Owned|Goodreads.


5 STARS




Crescendo, a sequel to Hush, Hush was beautifully written from beginning to end. After reading Hush, Hush, I knew that I would get pleasure from the second novel. Crescendo turned out to be better than the first novel. There wasn’t one dull moment in this novel; it was filled with so much more mystery, adventure then the first one. Even though it’s a fiction book, Becca Fitzpatrick brought it to life for me. I can’t wait for the next installment in the series.

Nora’s life is far from perfect. After her near brush with death, her life seems to pick up, with Patch as her guardian angel. Soon, Nora realizes that she had fallen for him, only to find out that Patch might not feel the same about her. Tension forms between the two of them, and they go separate ways which leaves Nora heartbroken. When Nora finds about Patch’s sudden interest in her archenemy, Marcie Millar, it leaves her more hurt and confused.

Then, Scott Parnell, an old childhood friend who moves back into town. Nora tries to stay away from him, his attitude should drive away. Instead Nora finds spending more time with him, especially when Patch tells her to stay away from him. Once she finds that Scott is hiding something, she finds herself spending more time with him, trying to find out more.

On top of all that, Nora starts to get haunted by images of her murdered father. Desperate to find out what really had happened, who killed him, Nora guides herself into more danger, avoiding warning from others, to let it go. Nora finds herself discovering secrets along the way, making her wonder who she can trust


 First I wanted to say, I love the cover, the lighting and the rain set up really mysterious look to it. I think if I haven’t read Hush, Hush or knew it was part of series, I would pick up this book just for the cover, and some of my friends who seen the cover actually asked me about the book.

This book was intense right from beginning. Ever since reading the first novel, I always wondered how Nora’s father was murdered so it was the right beginning for this novel, I actually felt myself afraid for him but it still kept me wondering who killed him. I think because it was never found who killed him, is why Nora suddenly started having images of him. When she started seeing him and hearing his voice, it was then I had a feeling that something wasn’t right.

Even though I loved the drama between Patch & Nora in this book, I wasn’t too happy with Patch, I understand why he did what he did but to hangs out with Marcie Millar, out of all people? He knew how Nora felt about her. I was hoping that there would be a better explanation why he was spending all this time with her in this book; I really hoped that he wasn’t actually interested in her. Now, Nora & Scott, I actually like their relationship, their tension. At first I wasn’t actually sure if he actually cared about her or not but by the end I could feel that he did, especially when he got her a car, towards the end.

Vee, besides Nora she’s my other favorite character, I wasn’t too fond of her in Hush, Hush but I loved her in this book. Even though she had a boyfriend, she canceled just so she can help out Nora; she was always there when Nora needed her. Now, her I see as a true and royal friend. Nora and Vee seem to have a special bond, no matter what; they are always there for one another.

Crescendo was filled with so many surprises, for instance for while I actually did this that the Black Hand was Patch, then that Scott was who wanted to get Nora killed. For fact that Marcie’s dad was Nora’s biological father. Most of all I did not see Rixon as the bad guy; he was the last person I expected to be the one who wanted kill her. The Cliffhanger made me want pick up next book right away. I can’t wait to see what happens with Nora, with Patch. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is into fantasy, romance, and angels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon