Apr 30, 2012

Unraveling.

Unraveling
Elizabeth Norris
Publisher:Balzar + Bray.
Publication Date:April 24,2012.
Genre:YA Fantasy,Mystery.
Format/Pages:E book|464.
Source:Owned|Goodreads.
Challenge:Debut Author.


5 STARS






Unraveling was fantastic; it was one of best fantasy, mystery books I read this year. This novel was filled with a lot of action, mystery and I found myself anything about this book that I disliked. I felt myself getting drawn to the characters, mostly Janelle, Ben & Alex and each page, each sentence is what kept me on reading, I wanted to see what’s going to happen next, I needed to know. I always enjoyed mystery novels and Unraveling had a lot of mystery and found myself wondering same things that Janelle was while trying to solve it. Elizabeth Norris’s debut was addicting, entertaining read and I would highly recommend reading it.

Girl’s fight to save herself, her world, and the boy she never saw coming. 
Two days before the beginning of junior year, Janelle Tenner is hit by pickup truck while on her way from work and is killed. Moments later, she feels her life flashing before her and then sees nothing. When she wakes up, she sees Ben Michaels, a stoner kid from her school kneeling in front of her, and even though she knows it’s not possible, she knows that he was the one who had healed her. Soon Janelle finds out that is least of her worries. 







While snooping in her father’s FBI files, for clues for her accident and comes across countdown clock but she’s not sure what it’s countdown to. When someone close to Janelle is killed, Janelle puts the pieces together and realizes that the accident, the murder, Ben’s sudden appearance in her life, countdown clock is all part of plan, and it all leads up to one thing, end of world. Will she be able to stop it, before the time runs out?

Norris’s writing style was unique, I thought that it was original fact how each chapter was written by how many days. At first I wasn’t sure what those numbers meant, I thought it was hours but I wasn’t sure hours to what, till I read more of the novel and then I understood. I haven’t seen any writing style before and at each day, I felt anxious myself because I wasn’t sure if it was something that Janelle would be able to stop. I was praying for her to succeed. I think if it wasn’t for others helping her, Ben, Alex she wouldn’t be able to do it, she wouldn’t be able to solve the mystery of her father’s murder.







Ben & Janelle: I enjoyed the fact that relationship between them were different, how they felt about each other, considering fact that Janelle haven’t even spoken to Ben, not till after Ben brought her back to life. It did make me curious what would happen if that truck never hit her in first place, if she noticed and realized that world is coming to end. The tension between the two of them what made it seem more realistic then having them fall in love right away. I knew Ben cared for Janelle the moment he began healing her, the way he was telling her to hold on, from that moment on, I knew there would end being something between them. That’s why I was sad when he left at the end, it made me cry, even thought I knew why he had leave. I do hope that he comes back for her one day.







Alex :; Besides Janelle & Ben, he was my favorite character, I loved everything about him. He was loyal, especially with his friendship with Janelle. He even sneaked out, lied to his mother so he can help Janelle solve the mystery. I even found myself agreeing with him when he told her to go with FBI with this. That’s why I wasn’t happy when they killed him at the end, I was hoping that Ben would be able to heal him and when he didn’t, I found myself crying, along with Janelle. Her dad was already killed, hasn’t she been through enough. I was really hoping Alex would make it.







The novel was action packed and it had so much mystery, it kept me guessing more, as the book progressed. It also had twists that I did not see coming, with Reid, with Janelle’s father and Alex’s murder. This was an amazing debut and I was glad that I picked it up. This is type of novel I have feeling I be reading more of, in future. I can’t wait till Norris writes more novels; I look forward to reading them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon