Oct 26, 2014

Wish You Were Italian ( If Only...,#2)

☆☆☆☆
wish you were italian
if  Only...,#2
kristin rae

Publisher: Bloomsbury.
Publication Date:May 6,2014
Genre:YA Contemporary Romance|Adventure
Format|Pages:Hardcover|323
Source: Goodreads|Library.









The summer before senior year of high school. It’s supposed to be one of the biggest summers of her life, but Pippa is headed to an art program she has no interest in. The one saving grace is it’s in Italy. And when the opportunity strikes, she decides to ditch the program and travel Italy accomplishing her own list of goals. Things like swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, eating a whole pizza in one sitting…and falling in love with an Italian boy! 

As she explores the famous cities of Rome and Pompeii, Pippa finds herself falling for two boys: a local guy she knows is nothing but trouble and a cute American archaeology student who keeps disappearing and reappearing at the strangest moments. Will Pippa find her true love before her parents find out the truth about her summer program? 



 

This was such adorable debut novel. You can’t help but love Wish You Were Italian . It took me 2 days to finish the book. I spent most of Sunday reading it, I couldn’t force myself to put it down. I got so attached to Pippa’s story, adventures that I was curious how it would end for her. I wondered if she would get caught, considering that she lied to her parents for 2 whole months. If her and Darren would finally admit their feelings for one another, kiss. There was so much that I wondered about. I loved fact that it took a place in Italy; it’s one of the places that I would love to visit in the future. I always loved reading travel type of novels that took place in foreign country. Once I read Wish You Were Italian I felt like I learned even more about Italy and now I want to visit it more, I am eager to see places that Pippa, Darren, Nina saw. All of them sound fascinating, breathtaking and I would love to see them all. It had such vivid descriptions’ of each. How could you not want to go to Italy afterwards? If I could right now. I would. 


At first I had a bit trouble determining if I liked Pippa or not. At first I was bit annoyed that she was complaining about going to Italy. Even if I went alone, it not something that I would complain about, it’s Italy. Of course forcing for her to study art history which wasn’t something that was her, I could see why she was angry with them. I was actually curious if she would go through it, go to art history class. Moment that she discovered the money, I got a feeling that she planned something but I didn’t know if she would actually go through it. In a way I hoped she would, studying art history all summer in Italy, wouldn’t be my idea of fun though I love art. I would want to explore instead. That’s what Pippa did. I felt like I went along on her adventures with her. Even if it didn’t end well for her, I’m glad she got to experience Italy. I was sure she would gotten caught sooner that she did. If she didn’t do it, she wouldn’t met Darren, her new friends. 


Darren, how could you not love him? I could tell that there was connection between two of them, moment that two of them met. Connection that two of them didn’t want admit seemed like. I knew why Pippa didn’t, because at first she thought he was with Nina and then she met Bruno. She was conflicted. If I was in her situation, I would be too. Two cute guys, both sweet and pay attention to me, it would be hard to decide whose feelings were real. In this case, I knew it was Darren, considering how many girls Bruno flirted with, including in front of her. Then stealing from her. He wasn’t one for her and I hoped that she would see her. I was bit confused why Darren refused to kiss her, there were few times that they came close, but each time he held back. Pulled away. Once they did kiss, it seemed magical to me. It had me smiling. I loved most of the scenes between two of them, I could tell how much he cared about her. Otherwise he wouldn’t came all way, to see her. He did everything so he could spend time with her. It was sweet. I was glad to see their happy ending. 


This was one of most contemporary, romantic debut I read. There were multiple times I found myself smiling. It was also real. At least to me it felt real. It was fun, sweet. You couldn’t help but fall in love with the characters. It’s an author I will be checking out in future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon