Oct 4, 2014

Asunder(Newsoul,#2)

☆☆☆☆
Asunder.
Newsoul,# 2.
Jodi Meadows.

Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Publication Date:January 29,2013
Genre:YA Dystopian Suspense|Romance
Format|Pages:Hardcover|406
Source: Goodreads|Library. 














DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place. 

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves. 

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection. 

In this second book in the Newsoul trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. 





 

Asunder was a breathtaking sequel to Incarnate. There was a lot suspense and plot twists all through the book, the ones that I wasn’t expecting. Meadows had me on edge of my seat till the end. Once I reached the ending of Asunder I was wondering, what happens next? It had me wishing that I had the next book. Meadows ended Asunder with a twist, a twist that has the readers wondering what’s going to happen next. I know that I am. Eager to find out what happens next, how it all going to end. Jodi Meadows has an amazing talent, a writer that will suck you in right from starter. A writer I am going to read for years to come. 



Story wasn’t only one that captured my attention, the cover is absolutely stunning. Just look at it, how can you not look at the cover and not be curious? Not be taken aback by how beautiful it is? I was. Cover was one of first things that captured my attention in first book and I am glad it did. Whoever did the cover did an amazing job and to come up with such image, that takes so much imagination. If you haven’t read the series, if you were ever to come across the cover, it would totally catch your attention and get to pick up book, to see if there is a story behind the image. Cover is not only captivating but titles as well. Both of them fir the story so well. Once I read Asunder, I realized how well both the cover and title fit the cover. A theme. 



Asunder was filled with so much more suspense, I loved it even more that first book, a book that I love too. There was so much more going on in this one and there was more mystery in behind. Everyone was on edge since the Templedark and then newsouls started to be born. That angered a lot of people to the point that they wanted to kill them. I felt bad for Ana, no matter what she did or how she warned people during templedark, they didn’t seem to want to accept her, to give her a chance. I was angry towards them, it’s not like that it was her fault that it happened. Despite what happened, Ana was strong and fact how hard she worked to try and protect newsouls and how she wouldn’t give up. I was glad that she had some friends to support her, especially Sam. I was hesitant toward Stef though. I liked her in first book but in Asunder she let jealousy over Sam get best of her, I hate how she treated her, Sam. 


Sam and Ana, how can you not love them? They were my favorite from the first book. I had a feeling that Sam loved her even before he said it, how he was around her and how he always tried to protect her. They are my favorite couple. They belong together. That’s why I wasn’t happy when they got in fight but in the end they made it through. I was smiling when Ana finally told him that she loved him, I was wondering how long it take for her to accept that she loved him. I wasn’t happy with council what they did to her towards end, how they made her leave one place that was like home. I hoped Sam would go with her and was glad when he said that he would. Now I am eager to see what their adventures awaits next. 


A series that will take your breath away. It will have you craving for more. Must Read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon