Oct 21, 2014

The One(The Selection,#3)

☆☆☆☆
the one
The Selection,#3
kiera cass

Publisher: HarperTeen.
Publication Date:May 6,2014
Genre:YA Dystopian Romance|Action
Format|Pages:Hardcover|323
Source: Goodreads|Library.










The time has come for one winner to be crowned. 

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants. 





 

If I wasn’t Team Maxon already, I would have after reading this book. It had me smiling by the end. How could I not? Both of them finally got their happiness and after everything that they gone through. This is one of my favorite’s quotes, it had me tearing me. Feeling sad and happy at same time. “I'll love you until my very last breath. Every beat of my heart is yours. I don't want to die without you knowing that. It was heartbreaking considering the situation but at same time I couldn’t help but smile. It was at that moment I realized how much he loves, that what happen between her and Aspen doesn’t matter to him, that she is the one that matters to him. The title fits it perfectly. America is the one for Maxon. I wondered how long it would take her to realize that she loved him. I knew that she cared about him , especially after reading The Elite but I was curious if she could fall in love with him. When she finally realized it was Maxon that she loved, and told him. That was most of romantic scenes, at least in my opinion. Of course after that everything fell apart when he found about Aspen. I can’t imagine how he felt, I couldn’t blame him for acting way that he did. He was heartbroken. I was sure that he would choose Kriss, though it wasn’t the one he truly loved. It does make me wonder if palace wasn’t attacked and he wouldn’t been shot, would he still choose her? My heart broke for America during that time. She changed so much through the series. I hoped that Maxon would see that they belong together. 



There was a bit more action in this one. And in this novel, America was taking the completion a bit more seriously and now she wasn’t here because of money, but in order to win heart on Maxon. She went through a lot and I saw how hard it was on her when she saw Maxon with the other girls, especially Kriss. I believe it was the reason that she didn’t tell him that she loved him sooner, because she wasn’t aware of his true feelings. She might known he cared about her but she didn’t know how much. She didn’t till he told her, till she read the letters. That were so sweet and I felt like I was America when I read them. The emotions in this book were so amazing, the way that America described she felt, they felt so real and at times I felt myself the feelings that she was feeling. About Maxon. About the completion. Her father’s death. It was hard for me not to like America. Maxon changed her. Being in completion changed her. I was happy that America made friends with girls at last, even though it took all of them a while. I was happy to see them at America’s wedding. I was happy to find out that there is another book after this one. I’m curious to see what happens now that Maxon is the king, what other chances he will make, what other challenges he will make. 



Out of all the book covers in the series, The One is my favorite. How can you not love it? Just look at it. The dress is white and surrounded by white roses designs. It looks great on America took. Even I would love to wear a dress like that. Even if book is fictional, I am actually a bit jealous of America, of that dress. The cover is completely stunning and it would capture attention of any reader. The design of the book. It’s breathtaking, just like the story, the characters. There wasn’t anything I didn’t love about it. It’s a series I wasn’t sure how much I would like due to mixed reviews but became one of my favorites. I’m looking forward to The Heir though not sure if can wait till May, I wish I could pick it up now. I’m in love with the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon