Apr 30, 2019

Girls With Sharp Sticks( Girls With Sharp Sticks, #1)

☆☆☆
girls with sharp sticks.
Girls With Sharp Sticks, #1
 suzanne young.

Publisher Simon Pulse.
Publication Date: March 19,2019.
Genre: YA Science Fiction.
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|400.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.











CONTAINS SPOILERS



The Girls of Innovations Academy are beautiful and well-behaved—it says so on their report cards. Under the watchful gaze of their Guardians, the all-girl boarding school offers an array of studies and activities, from “Growing a Beautiful and Prosperous Garden” to “Art Appreciation” and “Interior Design.” The girls learn to be the best society has to offer. Absent is the difficult math coursework, or the unnecessary sciences or current events. They are obedient young ladies, free from arrogance or defiance. Until Mena starts to realize that their carefully controlled existence may not be quite as it appears.



As Mena and her friends begin to uncover the dark secrets of what’s happening there—and who they really are—the girls of Innovations will find out what they are truly capable of. Because some of the prettiest flowers have the sharpest thorns. 


 





Gripping. Addictive. Mysterious. A must read.



Another fantastic installment by SUZANNE YOUNG , and yet another series that I fell in love with. GIRLS WITH SHARP STICKS had everything that I love about YA fantasy, and plus it had the mystery in the mix. I could not get enough of the story. It’s type of story that will have you on edge of your seat from the start until the end. Now that I have read it, I wish that the next book was out already, so I know what happens next. That ending, how can you not and wonder what will come next for the girls, and Jackson. There wasn’t a single page where something wasn’t happening. If anything, you found yourself get hooked into story more by each page. I had a feeling that something weird was going on at Innovations Academy, but even I had no idea how bad it was. I had a feeling that there was something that wasn’t right, after Lennon Rose left, I had a feeling that they weren’t being quite honest with them. I feel as Mena was the only one that realized that. I liked Mena from the start, she was determined, and not once did she give up. I liked all the girls at the academy, but Mena was always my favorite.



I love the friendship between the girls, that no matter what, they were always there for one another. Their friendship reminded me so much of some of my friends, the ones that were always there for me, the ones that I could always count on. I know this already, that they are going to be friends for years to come. I think the fact that all of them stood by each other through it all, especially when they figured out that something was not right at the Innovations Academy. I had always enjoyed books that had a boarding or a private school, and I loved GIRLS WITH SHARP STICKS with their own, unique twist to it. At one point I was so into the story, I did not realize how late it got, and it took me by surprise when I did reach the end. I wanted for the next book to be released already. I cannot wait, I am eager to see what is in store for the girls, Jackson next. SUZANNE YOUNG has been one of my favorite authors since I read The Program few years earlier, and I was very excited when I found that she is writing new series. I feel as if, more of her books I read, I fall in love with her writing more. Her writing is astonishing. Her books, including this one, is a book that you will fall in love, that you will never forget.



Be ready, for magical, thrilling ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon