May 4, 2019

A Distant Melody(Wings Of Glory, #1)

☆☆☆
a distant melody.
Wings Of Glory, #1
 sarah sundin.

Publisher Fleming H.Revell Company.
Publication Date: March 1,2010.
Genre: Historical Fiction|Romance.
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|422.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.











 CONTAINS SPOILERS



Will a chance meeting in a time of war change her life forever?



Never pretty enough to please her gorgeous mother, Allie will do anything to gain her approval - even marry a man she doesn't love. While Allie has nearly resigned herself to that fate, Lt. Walter Novak - fearless in the cockpit but hopeless with women - takes his last furlough at home in California before being shipped overseas.



Walt and Allie meet and begin a correspondence that will change their lives. As letters fly between Walt's muddy bomber base in England and Allie's mansion in an orange grove, their friendship binds them together. But can they untangle the secrets, commitments, and expectations that keep them apart? 



 



Why didn’t I read this book sooner? Absolutely magnificent love story. So much emotion.



I am always looking for historical fiction books by an author I haven’t read before. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I came across A DISTANT MELODY , the cover, the title and the summary was what caught my attention. I was hooked and drawn into the story only after few pages. I have read quite few historical fiction books this year, and A DISTANT MELODY is one of my favorites, and I cannot wait to read rest of the series. Just like the characters, Allie and Walt, you will fall in love, you will cry, you will smile, and you will grief. A DISTANT MELODY can be an emotional book to read, especially when you read what Walt must go through, and it will be a story that you won’t forget, that you will find yourself recommending to your friends. I always loved books that took place during World War 1 &2, even if they can get hard to read. Even if you cannot begin imagine how it must been back then, the war, the horror of war, reading A DISTANT MELODY makes you feel as if you can, as if you can relate to what they are feeling, how they are feeling during that horrible time. This story will make you cry.



Walt and Allie, what is there to say about them? How can you not love them? Right from the start, when the two of them meet, you can see the connection. I am sure that Allie felt it, and I feel as if that was the real reason that she did not tell Walt about Baxter, and why she did not mention it to him when the two of them got engaged. You can see the difference how she was, when she was around Baxter and when she was around Walt, and there was love between Walt and Allie. I am not sure what there was with Baxter and her, and how she managed to last with him that long. I was waiting for her to figure out, that Baxter wasn’t one for her. At first I had nothing against him, he seemed like a decent guy, until he started telling her what to do, and how he treated her after she broke up with him. I hated how her parents treated her, just because she would not marry him? What type of parent would do that to their own child? I liked the fact that despite how they treated her, she did not go back to him but stood her ground. That takes a lot of courage. I was waiting, I was rooting for Walt and Allie to get together, and for while it did not seem as if it was going to happen. Anyone could see that those two belonged together. The scenes between the two of them were my favorites.



Do you love historical fiction and romance? Then this is the story that you should pick up. You will fall in love once you do. I finished this book yesterday and I am still thinking about it, and wondering what happened after that ending. A DISTANT MELODY is the first book that I read by SARAH SUNDIN and it won’t be the last. I am already excited to read the next book in Wings Of Glory series. I know that this will become one of my favorite series, and it deserves more than five stars. A DISTANT MELODY touched me in so many ways, a highly recommended book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon