May 28, 2019

Blue Skies Tomorrow(Wings Of Glory, #3)

☆☆☆
blue skies tomorrow.
Wings Of Glory, #3
 sarah sundin.

Publisher Fleming H.Revell Company.
Publication Date: August 1,2011.
Genre: Historical Fiction|Romance.
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|432.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.













CONTAINS SPOILERS


Lt. Raymond Novak prefers the pulpit to the cockpit, but at least his stateside job training B-17 pilots allows him the luxury of a personal life. As he courts Helen Carlisle, a young war widow and mother who conceals her pain under a frenzy of volunteer work, the sparks of their romance set a fire that flings them both into peril.



After Ray leaves to fly a combat mission at the peak of the air war over Europe, Helen takes a job in a dangerous munitions yard and confronts an even graver menace in her own home. Will they find the courage to face their challenges? And can their young love survive until blue skies return? 



 


Is it me, or does this series keeps getting better with each book? Another outstanding addition to the Wings Of Glory series.



I seemed to have fallen in love with this series, from the moment that I picked up the first book, A DISTANT MELODY and since then, I fallen in love. If I were asked to pick a favorite one from series, I don’t think I been able to pick, each book is unique in each own way. BLUE SKIES TOMORROW wasn’t any different, though it was my favorite title out of all the books, it has a very catchy title. I do feel as if each book seems to get sadder, and once again my emotions were all over the place while I read it, especially when I found out what happened to Helen. I remember when it was mentioned that Jim had passed away, and I remember my heart breaking for Helen, for losing her husband that way. That was until I found out what Jim did to her, how he treated her. I cannot even begin imagining having go through that, for as long as Helen did. Even if I never been through it, just by reading the book, I could feel her pain, her fear. I just couldn’t believe that someone treat their own wife like that, and not even one person suspected of what was going on. Nobody questioned how many accidents Helen seemed to be having. I know she felt guilty for being glad that he was dead, but I couldn’t blame her, she was finally free. That was until she went to live with her in laws, only to discover how his father was the same way, and then everything made sense. I just wish that his wife saw that what her husband was doing wasn’t okay. I was hoping that at least Helen could find a way to get away from them. Reading how she was treated there, it broke my heart all over again. Nobody deserves that.



Ray and Helen, those two belong together. Anyone could see the connection between the two of them, and there was part of me that wished that they got together before she met Jim. I know that Ray would never treat her the way that Jim did. When everyone assumed that Ray was dead, my heart broke for Helen. I was hoping that at some point, they would find out the truth. The reunion, it brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine the joy that his family felt, when he appeared. I was hoping that they could get their happily after and considering everything that they had go through. I cannot believe that this series is over. Only after reading 3 of her books, I am in love with SARAH SUNDIN ‘s writing, and I cannot wait to pick up her other series. If you love historical romance with some twist, then you should check her books out. Once you pick up, you will find it impossible to put her books down. I did. It has been a while since I finished this one, and yet I cannot to get the story out of my mind.



Astounding. Remarkable love story.





1 comments:

Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady) said...

Not so much into romance, but this does sound good.

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon