Apr 16, 2019

The Dazzling Heights (The Thousandth Floor, #2)

☆☆☆
the dazzling heights.
The Thousandth Floor, #2
 katharine mcGee

Publisher HarperCollins.
Publication Date: August 9,2017.
Genre: YA Science Fiction|Romance
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|422.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.











 CONTAINS SPOILERS




All that glitters is not gold.



New York City, 2118. Manhattan is home to a thousand-story supertower, a breathtaking marvel that touches the sky. But amid high-tech luxury and futuristic glamour, five teenagers are keeping dangerous secrets…



Leda is haunted by memories of what happened on the worst night of her life. She’ll do anything to make sure the truth stays hidden—even if it means trusting her enemy.

Watt just wants to put everything behind him…until Leda forces him to start hacking again. Will he do what it takes to be free of her for good?



When Rylin wins a scholarship to an upper-floor school, her life transforms overnight. But being there also means seeing the boy whose heart she broke, and who broke hers in return.



Avery is tormented by her love for the one person in the world she can never have. She’s desperate to be with him…no matter the cost.



And then there’s Calliope, the mysterious, bohemian beauty who arrives in New York determined to cause a stir. And she knows exactly where to begin.



But unbeknownst to them all, someone is watching their every move, someone with revenge in mind. After all, in a world of such dazzling heights, just one wrong step can mean a devastating fall.








Wow…I did not think there is a way I could fall in love with story more. This book proved me wrong. I could not get enough. I didn’t think that there could be more drama than there was already, THE DAZZLING HEIGHTS was filled with nothing but drama. I had force to pull myself away, yet from another incredible book. THE DAZZLING HEIGHTS will have you on the edge of your seat from start until the end, and afterwards you will be craving for the next one. KATHARINE MCGEE has a way to get a reader attached, and just when you assumed you can put the book down, there is another twists and you find yourself reading for hours. That is what I ended up doing with this book most of the time, and the only reason I put it down was because of work or classes, or I would ended up reading it all the time. Ever since I read the first book, after that ending, I wondered what is going to happen to everyone next. Most of all, I was curious if the truth about Eris’s death would be discovered and what would happen once it does. I know that it would not mean anything good for Leda, since she the one who wanted to cover up what happened. I loved THE THOUSANDTH FLOOR , but I felt as if THE DAZZLING HEIGHTS had a lot more going on, and don’t you just love the cover and the title. I feel as if title by itself grabs attention and makes you want to pick up the book.



I missed Eris, it felt weird reading a book without her in it. However, I loved the new character Calliope, even if her and her mom are con artist, there is something about her that you can’t help but be fascinated by her. I did have feeling that she would get discovered at one point, that someone would figure out what she did. I did wonder if she was starting to care for Atlas, just based on how she acted at times, or if it was all part of con. Now that she is staying in New York for longer, I have a feeling that there is chance that both her and mom might get caught by someone who might get them in trouble. I am curious how long they would actually end up staying in New York, would Calliope’s mom actually go through the wedding or will they ran before? You cannot help but ask question. I am curious to see what happens with her next. Out of all these characters in this book, Leda surprised me the most. I was not her biggest fan in the last book, but this book she surprised me and by the end of the book I liked her. There was part of me that even felt sorry for her. I cannot imagine what must been going through her mind when she found out that Eris was actually her sister, I can’t even imagine the shook she must been in. Leda and Watt is one couple I did not think would ever happen, i knew he got close to her to get her confess to what happened on roof that night, but as he spend more time with her, I could tell how much he started to care about her. It makes me wonder what happens with them next, if the two of them will stay together. I hope they do, it seems like they make each other happy.



I was hoping that Rylin would end up back together with Cord. I understand why he couldn’t trust her. He was hurt and he felt as if she used him. I am glad that the two of them at least ended up friends again. I am hoping that they find some way back to each other. Anyone can see how crazy they are about each other still. Those two belong together. As for Atlas and Avery, I had a feeling that the relationship was going be a disaster. How is it even a relationship when they have to hide. I had a big feeling that one of those days they would get caught. It’s clear how much the two of them still love one another, and there is part of me that wonders if maybe the two of them can find a way to be with each other again. That ending, another twist. My emotions are all over the place again, this is the 2nd character and it makes me wonder, who’s next? I am eager to see what happens next, if their secrets will finally be revealed. A must read series.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon