Apr 4, 2019

Fame, Fate, And The First Kiss.

☆☆☆
fame, fate, and the first kiss.
kasie west.

Publisher  HarperTeen.
Publication Date:February 5,2019.
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|384.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.














CONTAINS SPOILERS




Lacey Barnes has dreamt of being in a movie for as long as she can remember. However, while her dream did include working alongside the hottest actor in Hollywood, it didn’t involve having to finish up her senior year of high school at the same time she was getting her big break. Although that is nothing compared to Donavan, the straight-laced student her father hires to tutor her, who is a full-on nightmare.



As Lacey struggles to juggle her burgeoning career, some on-set sabotage, and an off-screen romance with the unlikeliest of leading men, she quickly learns that sometimes the best stories happen when you go off script.




 





Heartfelt. Magical.



There are no words. I am having a lot of feelings right now, and I cannot seem to be able get the story out of my mind. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, KASIE WEST seems to have that effect on me with her novels. I have been a fan of hers ever since I started reading her books in 2013. The more I read her books, the bigger fan I become. When I heard that she wrote a new book, I was eager to read it. FAME, FATE, AND THE FIRST KISS did not disappoint me, I fell in love with her writing more. I read this book in one day, due to fact that I couldn’t force myself to put it down. Just when I was ready to put it down, it drew me back in. I felt as if I could connect with the character, especially Lacey. That is one thing I love about KASIE WEST books, is a way you feel yourself feeling connection with the characters that you read about. You want to know what happens with them next, how it ends. However, once you reach the end, it feels as if you are saying goodbye to best friends. The story, the characters feel real.



I enjoyed that the scrips for the movie was put into the book, that way it gives reader the feel of what the characters are filming. Besides it has Zombies and that always been one of my favorites as well. Of course, I loved the mystery behind it as well, and as a reader you couldn’t help but wonder who was doing it, and why. Of course, it ended up the least suspected person, he always seemed so nice. I understand why he did it, I just did not like how he did it. I do feel if it wasn’t for Lacey, her friends and Donavan, if she did not have them by her side, he might have succeeded. Despite everything that was going on, I was glad that Lacey did not give up, not once. I am glad that she went after her dream. It was hard not to like her, she was my favorite character in book. I do wish that her dad was more supportive, but at the same time, I understood why he was protective of her, he was looking out for her. I am glad that they finally talked it over.



At first I assumed that she might end up with Grant at some point. It was clear after a bit, that she was not interested. I thought it was sweet how she tried to help Amanda though. I am glad she became such good friends with her. I know that Lacey missed her friends back home, and I do know that it helped her having a friend like Amanda. It did not take long, to see connection between Donovan and Lacey, and I hope she make an exception to her ‘I don’t date’ rule with him at some point. I could tell how much he cared about her, how he always seemed to be there when she needed him. I was rooting for both. Even Amanda saw it before Lacey did. FAME, FATE, AND THE FIRST KISS was such cute story, I can see myself returning to it one day in the future. If you love young adult, romance, with some mystery in the mix, this is a book that you should check out. It won’t take you long to fall in love.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon