Mar 31, 2019

Wildcard(Warcross,,#2)

☆☆☆
Wildcard.
Warcross, #2
 marie lu.

Publisher  G.P Putnman's Sons Books.
Publication Date: September 18,2018.
Genre: YA Science Fiction.
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|352.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library













 CONTAINS SPOILERS


Emika Chen barely made it out of the Warcross Championships alive. Now that she knows the truth behind Hideo's new NeuroLink algorithm, she can no longer trust the one person she's always looked up to, who she once thought was on her side.



Determined to put a stop to Hideo's grim plans, Emika and the Phoenix Riders band together, only to find a new threat lurking on the neon-lit streets of Tokyo. Someone's put a bounty on Emika's head, and her sole chance for survival lies with Zero and the Blackcoats, his ruthless crew. But Emika soon learns that Zero isn't all that he seems--and his protection comes at a price.



Caught in a web of betrayal, with the future of free will at risk, just how far will Emika go to take down the man she loves? 









Astounding. Magical.



Just when you don’t think that a series can get any better, it does. I loved WARCROSS and once I started reading WILDCARD I fell in love with series, more than I already was when I read the first book. You will get hooked , and MARIE LU will have you on edge of your seat until the end. I could not force myself to put this book down, and once I finished it, I wanted to go back and re-read it again. It had me wondering why I haven’t read it sooner. I enjoyed the first book a lot, however I felt as if WILDCARD had a lot more going on, a lot more action then the first book did. Every page, every chapter will have you craving for more, wondering what will happen next. Ever since the first book, I couldn’t help but wonder how it would end for Emika, would she ever go back to her old life? I loved Emika from the start, and I want to end well for her, conspiring everything that she had to go through. Honestly, I am not sure how she handled it all. If I were in her situation, I wouldn’t be able to. Not once did she give up, she kept on going.



Most what I was curious about was Emika and Hideo, and way that last book ended, I couldn’t help but wonder if the two of them would reunite at some point in the book. Despite what Hideo did, and I know he only did it because of his brother. I wondered what would happen when he found out that Zero was his brother all this time. I hoped that Emika was the one who would tell him, he deserves to know. It was clear that the two of them had strong feelings for one another still, even if they tried to deny it. I saw it anytime that the two of them were together. It was clear that the two of them would do anything for each other. Even if they might not known it at first, they were in love. I hoped, and I rooted for them to find their way back to each other. It seemed as the two of them made each other happy. They needed each other.



There were a lot twists in WILDCARD that even I was not expecting, especially about Zero. I was as shocked as Emika was when she found out that Zero was not real. That was not a twist I saw coming. My heart broke for Hideo when I found out, I can’t imagine of how he feel when he find out and I knew that he would. I loved that there were more Zero’s story in this book, I got to know him more and it was impossible for me to dislike him anymore. Instead, my heart broke for him, I cannot imagine going through what he had go through, being taken away from his family at that age. I am not even sure if I can explain how much I loved this book, I am still going through the emotions. If you love young adult fantasy, be sure to check this series out. You won’t forget it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon