Apr 21, 2019

Cold Day In The Sun.

☆☆☆
cold day in the sun.
sara biren.

Publisher  Harry.N Abrams.
Publication Date:March 12,2019
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|307.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.














CONTAINS SPOILERS



Holland Delviss wants to be known for her talent as a hockey player, not a hockey player who happens to be a girl. But when her school team is selected to be featured and televised as part of HockeyFest, her status as the only girl on the boys’ team makes her the lead story.



Not everyone is thrilled with Holland’s new fame, but there’s one person who fiercely supports her, and it’s the last person she expects (and definitely the last person she should be falling for): her bossy team captain, Wes.



 


I knew that there were reason I loved books about sports. COLD DAY IN THE SUN was unlike other books that I have read, and one of the things that I loved about it. If you enjoy Hockey, you should pick up a copy of COLD DAY IN THE SUN today, you won’t regret it.



COLD DAY IN THE SUN is the second book that I read by SARA BIREN and so far it has been my favorite one. I am a big hockey fan, I don’t play but I love watching it, I even seen few live games. When I found out that this book is about Hockey, I knew that I had to check it out. I am so glad that I did, because once I picked this book down, I had force myself put it down few times. I loved the way it was written, all those emotions and everything that was happening, as if I was there along with Holland and everyone else. I liked Holland right from start, but how can you not? Holland is one awesome character. I imagine that it can’t be easy being a girl on boy’s hockey team, and the way she was treated sometimes, I am not sure how she handled it half of time. Holland she was brave and she was committed. I could tell how much hockey meant to her, the way that she talked about it, and anytime she was out their practicing, and the interview. I cannot imagine doing interview the way that she did, answering all those questions, but she did that beautifully. Holland deserves that spot on the boys hockey team, and I wish that everyone else would see that as well. I liked how confident she was, she knew that she was good. I know that what others got to her, but I could tell that she also pretended it didn’t. If it were me, I don’t think that I would be able to handle it.



Wes and Holland, I had a feeling that there was a connection between two of them, even if Holland refused to. I think that is why the two of them got to each other. I know that Wes is the reason that Holland got to the amazing player that she was, he always put her in her place when he needed to. I know that he made Holland want to be better. It did not take long to see how Holland felt about Wes, just the way that she acted around him. For someone who said she did not like him, she spent quite a lot time with. I do wonder if only reason she tried deny her feelings for Wes, was because of her rule against not dating her teammates. I understand why she had that rule, but at the same time I wondered how long that rule would last. I could tell as time passed, it was harder for her to deny her feelings for Wes. Once they got together, I wondered how long their secret relationship would remain a secret. I hated how others treated her once it was discovered, and I hated the way that it was discovered. I was rooting for them to get back together and I had a feeling that in time they would. It was clear how happy the two of them made each other.



COLD DAY IN THE SUN is worth every single page, and makes me wish that I could give it more than five stars. It deserves so much more. I can’t wait to see what SARA BIREN will come up with next.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon