May 23, 2020

Seeking The Fae (Daughter Of Light,#1)

☆☆☆


seeking the Fae.
Daughter Of Light, #1.
 Leia stone.

Publisher  Leia Stone.
Publication Date: April 29,2020.
Genre:  NA Romance| Fantasy.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|268.
 Source: Goodreads| Kindle Unlimited.











 CONTAINS SPOILERS



Now that her mother is dead, Lilly is the last of her kind.



A Seeker.



Tasked with seeking the lost crystals of Faerie, she must restore her broken and barren world to its former glory.



But the crystals that keep Faerie alive have been stolen by the Sons of Darkness and are hidden on Earth. It's up her to get them back by any means necessary.



She has everything under control and plans to bring the first crystal back, when she meets him – Liam – a Son of Darkness.



He's the most dangerous kind, with black wings that smoke and eyes that have seen death. She must kill him, kill him and take the crystal, but she can't.



He's her soulmate. 




 
 

I love books about fae/ fairies. I have read a few books based on that theme in the past. I liked SEEKING THE FAE but not as much as I thought I would. It was not a bad book; I did enjoy it and liked the story behind it. However, there were parts that I did not enjoy as much. For instance, Lily. I was not sure how to feel about the character because there were moments that I liked her, and there were moments that I did not. I felt for her considering that her mother was killed, and a lot was put on her in such a short period. I do feel that she accomplished so much, considering that she was not aware of it until her mother’s death. Yet, I felt as if she complained too much and got upset when she did not get her way, not acting her age but like a spoiled child instead. That was one of the things that annoyed me about her. It was a reason that I had mixed feelings about the character as I read the book. The way that she tried to save Faerie, I thought that was brave of her, and it was clear how important it was to her. I was rooting for Lily.



I loved the idea of soulmates in this book. I had always enjoyed reading about forbidden love. At first, it seemed as if Liam was going to try pushing her away and tried to avoid the feeling that he had for her. I understand that Lily and Liam were soulmates, but I felt that she was pushing him towards it a bit too much, not even letting the relationship develop a bit. I could not help but wonder if Liam will finally give in since it was clear how much he cared about Lily. I liked their relationship, but I did feel that it should develop more before they jumped into everything. I am curious to see what develops between Lily and Liam next if the two of them will stay together. It feels like half of the time, the two of them driving each other crazy. However, it was clear that at the same time they were happy, there was an attraction between the two of them when they were with each other.



Some parts were a bit slow for me, but it picked up fast. I loved the descriptions in this book, which made me feel as I was there along with them. It did make me eager to find out what happens in the next book. SEEKING THE FAE was the first book that I have read by LEIA STONE and I am eager to discover what other adventures she has written. SEEKING THE FAE is worth picking up and checking out and will have you wondering what to come next.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon