May 12, 2020

A Midwinter's Wedding(The Four Kingoms, #3.5)

☆☆☆


a midwinter's wedding.
The Four Kingoms, #3.5
 Melanie cellier.

Publisher  Luminant Publications
Publication Date: November 11,2017
Genre:  Fairy Tale Retelling|Romance.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|151.
 Source: Goodreads| Kindle Unlimited.
















CONTAINS SPOILERS




A retelling of The Frog Prince fairy tale.



Princess Cordelia is used to being overshadowed by her many brothers and sisters. So when she's offered the chance to attend her brother's wedding in a faraway kingdom, she leaps at it. In Northhelm, she'll finally have the chance to stand out. And maybe, just maybe, she'll even find romance.



But not everything in the Northhelmian court is as it appears. With her brother distracted by the wedding, only Ferdinand, the ugliest man at court, will listen to Cordelia's concerns. An observant princess and a strangely amphibious soldier may be the only thing standing between all Four Kingdoms and disaster.



Cordelia will have to overcome prejudice, deceit, and danger if she wants to save the day and find romance at A Midwinter's Wedding 









Mysterious. Magical.




Just when I don’t think that it can get any more interesting. I’m officially addicted to the Four Kingdoms . I had been a fan of fairytales ever since I learned to read, and I love the twists on the fairytales. The Four Kingdoms is unlike any fairytales that I have read before. I tend not to read novellas because I prefer longer books; however, I am glad that I decided to check A MIDWINTER’S WEDDING . I was curious about Rafe’s sister, whom I loved from the moment that I started reading the book. I loved how determined she was to figure out what was going on. I do wish that others would believe her when she mentioned that something suspicious is going on. It was as if Cordelia suspected that there was danger approaching Northhelm. Like her, I was curious about what was going on myself and had a feeling that it wasn’t anything good.



I loved Ferdinand and was curious about him since he appeared in the previous book, THE PRINCESS PACT . There was something about him that you couldn’t help but love him. Despite his looks, he is the type of guy that any girl would be lucky to be with. At first, I was sure that Cordelia would end up with Prince William because of how they seemed to act around each other. However, it did not take long to see that it was not William that she wanted to be with, even William figured that out before she did. It is clear how they cared about each other. The two of them seemed the happiest when they were spending time with each other. I was waiting for Cordelia to see that it was Ferdinand that she belonged with. A MIDWINTER’S WEDDING was one of the best Novellas that I have read.




A breathtaking, magical tale. After reading, I wish that I could write fairytales like that because I feel inspired. Now I eager to see what happens with Celeste in THE PRINCESS GAME who I been curious about since Rafe mentioned the curse. There are no words for how magical the story was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon