May 19, 2020

Bloodline (Star Wars).

☆☆☆

bloodline.
Star Wars Disney Cannon Novel.
 Claudia gray.

Publisher  Del Rey.
Publication Date: May 3,2016.
Genre: Science Fiction.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|334.
 Source: Goodreads| Library.  

















CONTAINS SPOILERS



Witness the birth of the Resistance



When the Rebellion defeated the Empire in the skies above Endor, Leia Organa believed it was the beginning to a lasting peace. But after decades of vicious infighting and partisan gridlock in the New Republic Senate, that hope seems like a distant memory.



Now a respected senator, Leia must grapple with the dangers that threaten to cripple the fledgling democracy—from both within and without. Underworld kingpins, treacherous politicians, and Imperial loyalists are sowing chaos in the galaxy. Desperate to take action, senators are calling for the election of a First Senator. It is their hope that this influential post will bring strong leadership to a divided galaxy.



As the daughter of Darth Vader, Leia faces with distrust the prospect of any one person holding such a powerful position—even when supporters suggest Leia herself for the job. But a new enemy may make this path Leia’s only option. For at the edges of the galaxy, a mysterious threat is growing...








Oh man, how do I even begin to explain everything about this book? I am a big Star Wars fan and always watch movies in theatres. Leia is one of my favorite characters from the series. I have read CLAUDIA GRAY’S other books before, but it had been few years. I had no idea that she wrote Star Wars books, and when I came across this one, I knew that I had to check the book out. I am so glad that I did, regretting that I did not know about this book earlier. I loved that most of this book was from Leia’s point of view, giving the reader a chance to get to know Leia better and for a chance to understand how she is feeling. I always wondered how she felt about being Darth Vader’s daughter, and I cannot imagine having to keep that secret for as long as she did. I did not like how she was treated after Ransolom Casterfo revealed that she was Darth Vader’s daughter in front of everyone. Leia should not be judged by her father’s actions or what her father turned into. It is not fair for them to assume because she is his daughter that she cannot be trusted. I wish that I could make them see it.



I liked Casterfo and the friendship that he and Leia developed. When he exposed that Leia was Darth Vader’s daughter, I was angry and disappointed in him. Like Leia, I felt betrayed. I know why he felt why he had to tell others, and I knew how he felt about Darth Vader. I agree with Leia; the way he exposed her to everyone is not the way he should have. I did not think he do it that way, and I was sure that he would talk to Leia first before making any decisions. I feel that he felt angry and hurt by Leia keeping from him, and he wanted to hurt her, he just did not realize what consequences come afterward. I knew from the moment that he exposed her; the two of them would not be friends any longer. I did wonder if Casterfo would think about what he has done, and he would realize his mistake. It was hard for me to like him afterward. There was part of me that hoped that they might be able to resolve, but at the same time, I knew they wouldn’t. I was sad about the way that their friendship ended.



BLOODLINE was an amazing Star Wars book and I couldn’t get enough of this book. There was so much going on in this book and one of the reasons that I kept on turning the pages. I enjoyed that BLOODLINES was not told only from Leia’s point of view but on occasion from other characters, a way for the reader to get to know the characters better. That ending…I don’t think I can even begin to explain how I am feeling about that ending. It was not what I had expected. I was thinking about it long after I finished the book. I was thinking about the book for some time. I don’t think that there was anything that I did not enjoy about BLOODLINE . I cannot wait to read CLAUDIA GRAY other Star Wars books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon