May 11, 2020

The Princess Pact(The Four Kingoms,#3)

☆☆☆

THE PRINCESS pact.
The Four Kingoms, #3.
 Melanie cellier.

Publisher  Luminant Publications
Publication Date: January 23,2017.
Genre:  Fairy Tale Retelling|Romance.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|280.
 Source: Goodreads| Kindle Unlimited.
















CONTAINS SPOILERS



Spinning straw into gold was only the beginning of the story...



Marie, the dutiful princess of Northhelm, chafes under the rigid protocol that governs her life. Then a growing darkness threatens the kingdom and uncovers the lie at the centre of her whole life - a single pact that changes everything.



Throwing off convention, she joins Rafe, a handsome, charming newcomer, on a quest to save her kingdom. Except he doesn't know she has a mission of her own - to discover the truth about her identity. Increasingly drawn to Rafe's strength and good humour, Marie is torn by her double purpose. With time running out and death and destruction looming, Marie will have to unravel the bargains that surround her and choose where her true allegiance lies. 






0h man. I did not think it was possible to fall in love with The Four Kingdoms more. Now that I have finished THE PRINCESS PACT , making me realize how wrong I was. This is the type of stories that I love, and I love the twists that MELANIE CELLIER puts on the fairytales. There was not a single book in the series that I did not fall in love with. After reading THE PRINCESS PACT , I am eager to pick up the next book in the series. The Four Kingdoms is the series that you will want to keep on reading until you reach the end of series, and then you will want to re-read it all over again. This is the series that I will be re-read in the future, and I even recommended a few of my friends as well. I love the fact that these retellings don’t only have romance but is action-packed as well and is one of the reasons that it is impossible to put down. Those descriptions make me feel as if I am there along with all the characters, connecting me with all of them. It had me turning pages late into the night.



I am not familiar with the Rumpelstiltskin fairytale; however, the Queen explained it well when she was confessing everything to Marie. I did not blame Marie for running away after she found the truth and the fact that they been hiding from her for that long. However, I did hope that Marie would realize that they still loved her and come back to them. I felt bad for the Queen to confess everything to her, and in the end, both of her children end up going missing. I did not like Marie being around R that often, whom I did not trust from the beginning. I hoped that Marie would see through his act and would find a way to defeat him. Marie, she went through a significant transformation through the book. Marie was determined, and I admired how she did not give up, not until she was able to defeat R. I feel that R did not think that she had it in her, that she would be able to defeat him. Without Rafe’s help, she might not be able to. Not a single page where there wasn’t something going, where there wasn’t a twist that had you on turning the pages.



Rafe, I liked him from the moment that he was introduced in the book. I did feel as if he was hiding something, but it was not what I was expecting. It did not take long for me to see how much he cared about Marie. The way that he always tried to protect her from others, how anxious he got when she was with R. I saw how much he loved her even before Marie did. I was hoping that the two of them would find a way to be with each other. I kind of expected that she could talk her father into it or that he would see how much Rafe loved his daughter. I loved this book as much as I loved the others. I have been reading fairytales retelling for a while now, and this series has become one of my favorites. I am cannot help but see what happens with Rafe’s sister in MIDWINTER’S WEDDING and of course I cannot help but be curious about his sister. Do you love fairytale retelling with the twist? Then be sure to pick this book up, and be ready for a magical ride!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon