Jun 11, 2020

Carnegie's Maid

☆☆☆
Carnegie's maid.
Marie Benedict.

Publisher  Sourcebooks Landmark.
Publication Date: January 16,2018.
Genre:  Historical Fiction| Romance.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|283.
 Source: Goodreads| Library.


















CONTAINS SPOILERS



In the industrial 1860s at the dawn of the Carnegie empire, Irish immigrant Clara Kelly finds herself in desperate circumstances. Looking for a way out, she seeks employment as a lady's maid in the home of the prominent businessman Andrew Carnegie. Soon, the bond between Clara and her employer deepens into love.



But when Clara goes missing, Carnegie's search for her unearths secrets and revelations that lay the foundation for his lasting legacy. With captivating insight and stunning heart, Carnegie's Maid tells the story of one lost woman who may have spurred Andrew Carnegie's transformation from ruthless industrialist into the world's first true philanthropist. 




 



Breathtaking. Haunting.



Once again, I find myself with no words. I am not sure if I can even describe how inspiring, how beautifully written CARNEIGE’S MAID . This is a story that I wished I came across earlier than I had. CARNEIGE’S MAID is the story that will pull you in from the first page and until the last page. From the moment I picked up, all I wanted to do was to keep it reading. If I were not taking summer classes, I would read this all day until I finished it. The author, MARIE BENEDICT , pulls the reader into Clara Kelly’s world from the first page, and you find yourself connecting with the character within seconds. You wonder what is going to happen to her if she is going to be discovered and what would happen to her if she does. There wasn’t a page or a chapter where I did not wonder what is going to happen, how long Clara Kelly would be able to keep this up without the truth coming out.



This is the first book that I read by MARIE BENEDICT , and I was a bit hesitant in the beginning since she is a new author to me. I am glad that I decided to check this book out, considering that I ended up falling in love with the story, the characters. CARNEIGE’S MAID was beautifully written, the way that all of the character's emotions were portrayed and all of the descriptions were vivid. For me, it made the story more real and made me visualize as I was along with Clara Kelly, Andrew, experiencing everything that they were. I did wonder how Clara Kelly would get into her maid, and there was part of me that was worried that she would get discovered from the moment that she started since being maid is not something she was familiar with.



Andrew and Clara Kelly, those two bonded fast. I did feel as the two of them fell for each other a bit too soon for my taste. However, there was no denying that there was something between the two of them. The two of them seemed to be happiest when they were around each other. I also felt as if Clara Kelly seemed to change Andrew a bit after he met her, just the way he started acting, his attitude. There were couple parts in the book that seemed to drag on a bit too much; however, it picked up fast afterward. I loved the book and the cover, which was what caught my attention. If you love historical fiction, I would highly recommend CARNEIGE’S MAID . After reading this book, I cannot wait to check out what other adventures she came up with.




Extraordinary.





1 comments:

Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady) said...

This book was a great introduction to Marie Benedict for me, and her later books are even better!

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon