Jun 23, 2020

The Lost.

☆☆☆
the lost.
natasha preston.

Publisher  Sourcebook Fire.
Publication Date: March 26,2019.
Genre: YA Thriller.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|3o4
 Source: Goodreads| Kindle Unlimited.

















 CONTAINS SPOILERS




In the small town of Aurora, teens go missing all the time. But when one of Piper and Hazel's classmates disappears, they become determined to find out the truth of what happened to her.



While investigating, they meet three handsome and rich grad students...who kidnap them. The girls are taken to a building in the middle of a privately-owned forest. The building isn't just designed to keep them locked away—every room is a test in survival. And Piper and Hazel won't give up without a fight. 




 



Haunting.



I love thrillers, especially the ones that keep you on guessing. I have read books by NATASHA PRESTON before, and I had enjoyed them. I read quite a few thrillers throughout my life, but I had never read anything like this one. I did feel that the story started slow, however, once I got into the story, I could not get enough. Every chapter had me on the edge of my seat and every chapter seemed to get more intense, keeping the reader in suspense. From the start, I suspected that something was off about Caleb and his friend; they were a bit too friendly for me. I wanted to tell Hazel and Piper not to get into a car with them, especially when the teens kept going missing. How could they not been suspicious about their behavior? The way they asked them if they wanted to ride when they barely knew them. However, I never once imagined how crazy they actually were. How could anyone have fun torturing others? I did not even want to imagine what was going through their mind as they tortured others.



THE LOST reminded me a bit of Saw, it just was not as scary. All through the book, I was rooting for them to find a way to escape. I don’t think that I would be able to last as long as they had. I liked Piper, I liked how she tried to stay strong, for both her and Hazel and even took Hazel’s turn. I do wonder if the outcome would be different if Hazel took her turn and if it would change her. I loved how she looked out for Hazel, tried to protect her. Piper is the type of person that I would like to have for a friend. I am not sure if it was me, but I felt that out of most of them, she experienced the most torture; it was as if she became their favorite. Every time that she was called or anyone was called, I wondered which room they would end up in. I always prayed for them to make through it.



I was disappointed in Evan’s characters. Mostly I was in shock to discover the truth about him. I think that he is the most messed up out of all of them. I was not too fond of the ending, mostly because it did not feel like an ending. It had an end that should have another book afterward because it left too many questions. It was one of the reasons that I only gave it four stars, there was no resolution, and it left the readers confused. I think that THE LOST is one of those books that should have a sequel. Otherwise, I thought it was a well-written story if you are a fan of thriller, a book that you should check out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon