Jun 12, 2020

The Awakening(The Vampire Diaries,#1)

☆☆☆

the awakening.
The Vampire Diaries, #1.
 L.J Smith.

Publisher  HarperTeen.
Publication Date: October 26,2010
Genre:  YA  Romance| Fantasy.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|324.
 Source: Goodreads| Own.














 CONTAINS SPOILERS






Elena is the school beauty, but she’s bored, until a new boy turns up in her class. Stefan is dark and mysterious—and she’s determined to get to know him better. But Stefan is just as determined to resist her... until a series of attacks in the area terrify the town and Stefan is held responsible. Elena is the only one who offers to help and, falling in love with her, Stefan tells her his terrible story. He is a vampire, on the run from his evil brother, Damon, who doesn’t share Stefan’s qualms about drinking human blood.



And Damon is the one Stefan suspects of really being behind the recent attacks... Can Elena help prove his innocence—without revealing his secret? 




 




This is not the first time that I have read THE AWAKENING , and it won’t be the last. One of my best friends got into book series, years before the show even came out. I have read it multiple times since then. I had always preferred the books to the show. It has been a while since I have read the books, and I decided to re-read the series. From the moment that I picked up THE AWAKENING and started to read, I could not pull away from the story, reminding me of why I loved the series. There was not a single moment when there wasn’t something happening, especially once Stefan appeared. It seemed that the moment he appeared in town, the attacks started happening. I felt as if that was the main reason that he tried to distance himself from Elena; he was afraid that he would end up hurting her in the end. He thought that he was behind all of those attacks. However, I had a feeling that something else was going on, right from the beginning.



Elena, she was never my favorite character in the book. The way she acted, and the way she expected for her friends and everyone else to do what she wanted to, that was one of the things that annoyed me about her. Besides, the way she went after Stefan, I was surprised that he still wanted her after the way she acted. I did feel as if the two of them fell in love with each other too soon, and they barely knew each other. I did know that there was something between the two of them, a connection. Yet, there was part of me that wondered if Stefan loved her, or he thought that he loved her because she looked like Katherine. I do know that there is something between the two of them.



Bonnie, she’s my favorite. Bonnie and Damon even if he’s not the good brother. I had always preferred him over Stefan. I do wonder if he is only going after Elena because he knows how Stefan feels about her, or if he does feel something for her. THE AWAKENING is an action-filled from the beginning until the end. It will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end and afterward will have you craving for more. I couldn’t get enough, and it made me want to pick up the next book in the series and keep on reading.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon