Apr 13, 2020

The Outsiders.

☆☆☆

THE outsiders.
 s.e Hinton.

Publisher  Puffin Books.
Publication Date: September 1,1997.
Genre:  YA Classic|Suspense.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|192.
 Source: Goodreads| Library.

















 CONTAINS SPOILERS


No one ever said life was easy. But Ponyboy is pretty sure that he's got things figured out. He knows that he can count on his brothers, Darry and Sodapop. And he knows that he can count on his friends - true friends who would do anything for him, like Johnny and Two-Bit. And when it comes to the beating up on "greasers" like him and his friends - he knows that he can count on them for trouble. But one night someone takes things too far, and Ponyboy's world is turned upside down...

 
 




I remember how much I loved THE OUTSIDERS when I had read for English class in high school. I have not read it since then. Now that I read it again, I remembered why I loved this book this much, I fell in love all over again. THE OUTSIDERS is the type of book that you will remember for years after you read it, a book that you will recommend to your friends. I remember when I was in high school; I was the first one to finish it because I had hard time putting the book down. I had the same issue this time around, from moment that I picked up, I found myself reading for hours and if it was not for classes, I would kept on reading. THE OUTSIDERS is a real story, or at least it seemed so real, with everything that they had deal with. This made the story so much more appealing to me. Once I turned the last page, I wanted to go back and re-read it again. I know that this is not the last time that I will read THE OUTSIDERS . It was one of my favorites as a teenager and it still is.



THE OUTSIDERS deals with many emotions, the ones that teenagers face even now. Ponyboy, he had always been my favorite character, besides Johnny and Dally. Even if this is the second time that I read this book, I cannot stop thinking about the characters and the story. Of course, there is part of me that wonders what happened to them after. I loved the way that Ponyboy’s emotions were displayed and I felt as I was feeling those emotions along with him. I even felt scared along with him after Johnny killed Bob, and like him, I wondered what would happen with them next. What Johnny did for Ponyboy, how he protected him, if that is not a real friendship then I do not know what is. You could tell from the start that the two of them had a special bond, and my heart broke for Ponyboy after what happened to Johnny. I loved the fact that two of them loved Gone With The Wind which happens to be one of my favorite books.




Dally. At first, I had a bit of mixed feelings about this character. I was not sure if I liked him in beginning or not and could seem to make up my mind. Then it was hard to not like him, after Johnny and Ponyboy came to him for help, and how he saved Ponyboy and Johnny. To me, he was hero afterwards. I was sad about what happened to him in the end, I was hoping that it would not come to that. Everything about this book, the characters, the story, what is there to not love? If I could thank my English teacher for introducing me to this book, I so would. THE OUTSIDERS is a book that you can read multiple times and never get tired off, you will actually find yourself falling in love. I am still thinking about it actually. I would highly recommend this book for everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon