Jun 30, 2019

The Tattooist Of Auschwitz( The Tattooist Of Auschwitz,#1)

☆☆☆
the tattooist of auschwitz.
The Tattooist Of Auschwitz #1
 heather morris.

Publisher Harper.
Publication Date: September 4,2018.
Genre: Historical Fiction|Romance.
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|262.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.
















CONTAINS SPOILERS


In April 1942, Lale Sokolov, a Slovakian Jew, is forcibly transported to the concentration camps at Auschwitz-Birkenau. When his captors discover that he speaks several languages, he is put to work as a Tätowierer (the German word for tattooist), tasked with permanently marking his fellow prisoners.



Imprisoned for more than two and a half years, Lale witnesses horrific atrocities and barbarism—but also incredible acts of bravery and compassion. Risking his own life, he uses his privileged position to exchange jewels and money from murdered Jews for food to keep his fellow prisoners alive.



One day in July 1942, Lale, prisoner 32407, comforts a trembling young woman waiting in line to have the number 34902 tattooed onto her arm. Her name is Gita, and in that first encounter, Lale vows to somehow survive the camp and marry her. 



 






My heart. This book…There is almost no words to describe how I am feeling right now. A heart wrecking story, but the one that you will never forget.



I have been hearing about the THE TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ for quite some time, and recently seen that a lot of people were reading it. Being a big fan of historical fiction, I was curious so I finally got it at the library. From the moment that I started reading the book, I could tell why so many fell in love with this book, it’s… honestly I am not sure how to explain, even though some time had passed since I have read it, my emotions are still all over the place when I think about it. THE TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ will break your heart multiple times and you will cry, and at the same time you will fall in love, you will find it harder to put the book down, the each page that you turn. Your heart will break for Lale, Gita and all the victims at Auschwitz-Birkenau and that horrible time. I cannot even begin to imagine to go through what they had to, how can you lead a normal life after something that horrific? Every page, every chapter I hoped, I prayed for Lale and Gita make out of there, and be together. I just hoped that they would make it out of there alive.



The descriptions in this book were so vivid, but considering that it based on true story, I am not surprised. I don’t know how it feels during that time, but reading the book and the way that everything was described, how the emotions of characters were portrayed, I felt as I was there. I knew that this book was about holocaust and I knew that it was going to be hard to read, and once more I did not realize how hard. I cried few times while reading the book. It was real, and it is real, because it had happened. I know that it was one of the reasons that it felt real. I cannot imagine being a prisoner and working as a tattooist, placing tattoos on other prisoners. I could feel the connection between Gita and Lale from the start, even if Gita was scared, but the way she acted with him, looked at him, I had a feeling that there was something there. I loved the relationship between the two of them and I hoped that they would be able to escape together. Every time that I read the book, I prayed for them to make it out.



THE TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ was an incredible story. It’s hard for me to believe that this was HEATHER MORRIS debut novel, it was beautifully written and author hooks to the story from the very first page. I am eager to see what other stories, adventures the author come up with next, and I cannot wait to read it. I thought it was incredible that she actually met Lale Sokolov, and that she was able to tell his story. Despite being hard to read, it’s the one that should be told. THE TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ deserve a lot more than five stars, it deserves all the stars. I highly recommend this book to everyone. It will take your breath away.


1 comments:

Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady) said...

Wait... this is the first of a series? Oh!

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon