Jun 16, 2019

Whiskey In A Teacup.

☆☆☆
whiskey in a teacup.
reese witherspoon.

Publisher  Touchstone.
Publication Date:September 18,2018.
Genre: Nonfiction.
Format|Pages: EBook|299.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.

















Reese Witherspoon’s grandmother Dorothea always said that a combination of beauty and strength made southern women “whiskey in a teacup.” We may be delicate and ornamental on the outside, she said, but inside we’re strong and fiery.



Reese’s southern heritage informs her whole life, and she loves sharing the joys of southern living with practically everyone she meets. She takes the South wherever she goes with bluegrass, big holiday parties, and plenty of Dorothea’s fried chicken. It’s reflected in how she entertains, decorates her home, and makes holidays special for her kids—not to mention how she talks, dances, and does her hair (in these pages, you will learn Reese’s fail-proof, only slightly insane hot-roller technique). Reese loves sharing Dorothea’s most delicious recipes as well as her favorite southern traditions, from midnight barn parties to backyard bridal showers, magical Christmas mornings to rollicking honky-tonks.



It’s easy to bring a little bit of Reese’s world into your home, no matter where you live. After all, there’s a southern side to every place in the world, right?



 



I have been excited ever since I found out REESE WITHERSPOON wrote a book, but did not have a chance to check out until recently. WHISKEY IN A TEACUP was a pleasure to read, and even if I am not from south, I love anything southern, especially country music. It could be just be me, I feel as if I learned more about the south then before I read this memoir. WHISKEY IN A TEACUP is more than a memoir, but it had everything, including recipes and advice, and that was one of my favorites in the book. WHISKEY IN A TEACUP made the reader feel as he was involved as well, at least that how Reese had me feeling when I was reading the book. Every page, it had me craving for me and I found myself wondering what other advice she might have, what other recipes might be in the book. Those recipes, they actually made me hungry and I am thinking about trying some of those recipes myself, how could I not? Besides, I am always up for trying something new, and there were few dishes in there that I haven’t tried and can’t wait to.



REESE WITHERSPOON has been one of my favorite actresses for years; I have seen most of her movies. Sweet Home Alabama was my favorite. When I found out about WHISKEY IN TEACUP , I couldn’t wait to check out. Now that I have read it, I am glad that I had. I love the fact that she loves reading like me, and that she shared some of books that I plan on checking out. I always wanted to visit Nashville, and now that I read the book, I want to visit it more, because it seems a type of place that I am going to love. I loved the photographs that were in the book, it made the book to come to life more. WHISKEY IN TEACUP is different from the other memoirs that I read through the years, and in a good way. If you love a memoir, which includes some recipes and tips, this is the book that you should pick up today. After reading WHISKEY IN TEACUP , I find myself wanting to watch a REESE WITHESPOON


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon