Aug 21, 2019

What If It's Us.

☆☆☆
what if it's us.
beckyalbertalli
Adam silvera

Publisher  HarperTeen.
Publication Date: October 9,2018.
Genre: YA |LGBT| Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|448.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.














CONTAINS SPOILERS




Arthur is only in New York for the summer, but if Broadway has taught him anything, it’s that the universe can deliver a showstopping romance when you least expect it.



Ben thinks the universe needs to mind its business. If the universe had his back, he wouldn’t be on his way to the post office carrying a box of his ex-boyfriend’s things.



But when Arthur and Ben meet-cute at the post office, what exactly does the universe have in store for them?



Maybe nothing. After all, they get separated.



Maybe everything. After all, they get reunited.



But what if they can’t quite nail a first date . . . or a second first date . . . or a third?



What if Arthur tries too hard to make it work . . . and Ben doesn’t try hard enough?



What if life really isn’t like a Broadway play?



But what if it is? 





 





Beautifully written. Extraordinary love story.



I have been hearing about this book ever since it came out. It has been on my to read list for a while. When I saw it when I was at library last time, I decided to check out. I am happy that I did, because it didn’t take me long to fall in love with the story. As I started to read it, I found myself wishing that I read it sooner. I have read books by ADAM SILVERA and BECKY ALBERTALLI previously and I loved them. I loved that the wrote this book together, and it was one of those love stories that you will think about afterwards, and think about the characters and what happens to them next. I have read few books in LGBT genre before, but I have never read a story like Arthur and Ben’s story, and it was one of the things that I loved about this one, it was different. I could tell from the moment that Ben and Arthur ran into each other at the post office; there was a connection between the two of them, even if the two of them just met. It hooked me right in. When the two of them went their separate ways, I wanted for them to find each other again, and I hoped that they would. I did wonder which one of them would take the first step in trying locating one another. I was rooting for the two of them, to reconnect. Once they did, I was smiling.



WHAT IF IT’S US was beautifully written, and the emotions in this book, they were real. Reading the emotions, I found myself feeling the emotions that both Arthur and Ben were feeling in the story. WHAT IF IT’S US is not a type of book were you won’t go through the emotions, and you will even after you reach the ending. I finished before work and I still cannot get out the story, the characters out of my mind. I had a feeling that it was going be a book that I would enjoy when I picked up, but I did not realize how much I was going to love it. I loved reading the story from both Arthur and Ben’s point of view and enjoyed learning about their friends, families. Having the story from both of their point of view fit the story so well, and that way I got to know each character so well. I think if I were asked which is my favorite, I wouldn’t be able to pick because I loved both of the characters. I thought it was unique that they kept calling their dates do over, and there were part of me that wonder if they would ever get to their second date. I do believe that they were destined to meet at that post office, to come into each other’s lives. That ending thought, I was kind hoping that the two of them would find their way to one another again. I am glad that they could still remain such close friends. Yet, I can’t help but wonder what happened afterwards, if they ever reunited. I am kind of hoping that they did.



I can go on about how much I loved this book. I know for fact that this is the book that I will come back to in the future. I hope that ADAM SILVERA and BECKY ALBERTALLI will write more books together in the future. I would highly recommend this book to any romance, LGBT and YA Fans. You will find yourself wishing that you read it sooner. A story that deserves a lot more than five stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon