Sep 26, 2018

A Date With Darcy ( Bookish Boyfriends, #1)

☆☆☆
a date with darcy.
Bookish Boyfriends, #1
 tiffany schmidt.

Publisher  Amulet Books.
Publication Date: May 1,2018.
Genre:YA Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Paperback|392.
 Source:  Goodreads|Owned.















 CONTAINS SPOILERS

Boys are so much better in books. At least according to Merrilee Campbell, fifteen, who thinks real-life chivalry is dead and there’d be nothing more romantic than having a guy woo her like the heroes in classic stories. Then she, her best friend, Eliza, and her younger sister, Rory, transfer to Reginald R. Hero Prep—where all the boys look like they've stepped off the pages of a romance novel. Merri can hardly walk across the quad without running into someone who reminds her of Romeo.



When the brooding and complicated Monroe Stratford scales Merri’s trellis in an effort to make her his, she thinks she might be Juliet incarnate. But as she works her way through her literature curriculum under the guidance of an enigmatic teacher, Merri’s tale begins to unfold in ways she couldn’t have imagined. Merri soon realizes that only she is in charge of her story. And it is a truth universally acknowledged that first impressions can be deceiving . . .

 







Now I know what I was missing. A book about books, boys? What is there to not love? Plus don’t you just love the title, A DATE WITH DARCY It feels as the title itself would attract any reader’s attention. The story has everything that I love about books, and I loved reading Merilee’s story. I fell in love with characters fast, and the story in general, which was unlike any other story that I have read. A story that will have you wondering what will happen, until the last page. I had A DATE WITH DARCY for a while, since I went to the book signing. Having read the book, I wished that I picked up sooner than I had. I knew that this would be my type of book, just didn’t realize how much I would love it. I’m not sure how long I can’t wait for the next book, I want to read it now, I can’t wait to see the next adventure that TIFFANY SCHMIDT will take on us next.



I couldn’t help but love Merilee, she somehow like me. Her love for the books is just like mine. I can spend hours reading them, and if it wasn’t for work, I would. I do agree about book boyfriends, they can be better and dreamy, at least in my opinion. There had been few times when I was reading books, that I found myself crushing on the love interest. I couldn’t help myself, when I read the book, I become so hooked to characters that some of them become real to me. Mostly it’s due how the character is written, described. Now if some of guys could be like that in real life. However, that is not feeling I had about Monroe Straford, I tried to like him but I just couldn’t. I felt as if they moved into relationship a bit too fast, and I had this bad feeling about Monroe from the start. Monroe, he was needy and he didn’t seem to respect her space, and then he had nerve to blame her for getting himself in trouble. If it were me, I would broken with him before that. He caused her more stress than happiness. I just hope that he will live her alone for good now. Monroe is the one character that is impossible to like at all.



I loved the friendship between Merileee and Eliza, now that’s what real friendship is, and Toby but I know theirs was more complicated than that. Eliza even transferred with Merilee and was always there for her. I have a feeling that those two are going remain friends for years to come. Now, Toby, he’s a great friend to her but I know that he wants more than that. I know because of how he reacted when he found about her and Monroe, I know that he wants more. Plus, the occasional flirting he does with her. I know that he might be disappointed that they are not more than that, but it doesn’t stop him from being there for her. Toby is a friend that everyone wants and needs. Fielding, first of all don’t you love the name? It’s unique. It never entered my mind that he might like her, mostly because of how he treated her in beginning. Now it makes me wonder if that could be why he did. I feel as if Fielding and Merilee had more chemistry that her and Monroe, and he treated her like should treat her. He wasn’t obsessed like Monroe seemed to be. I was waiting to see when she would finally come to her sense, and realize that she wanted to be with him. I wanted to talk some sense into her. I rooted for the two of them.



I never read Pride and Prejudice but now that I have read this book, I want to. I want to find out more about Darcy and other characters, especially after reading Merilee thoughts about the book, the characters. I am curious about the story. A DATE WITH DARCY A beautiful, heartfelt story about love, friendship and family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon