May 19, 2018

Our Song.

☆☆☆
our song.
 jordanna fraiberg.

Publisher  Razorbill.
Publication Date: May2,2013.
Genre:YA  Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|352.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.













 CONTAINS SPOILERS


Olive Bell has spent her entire life in the beautiful suburb of Vista Valley, with a picture-perfect home, a loving family, and a seemingly perfect boyfriend. But after a near-fatal car accident, she’s haunted by a broken heart and a melody that she cannot place.



Then Olive meets Nick. He’s dark, handsome, mysterious . . . and Olive feels connected to him in a way she can’t explain. Is there such a thing as fate? The two embark on a whirlwind romance—until Nick makes a troubling confession.



Heartbroken, Olive pieces together what really happened the night of her accident and arrives at a startling revelation. Only by facing the truth can she uncover the mystery behind the song and the power of what it means to love someone. 


 






A beautiful, heartbreaking, captivating love story. You will fall in love.



Have you ever had a book on your to read list, one that you wished you read sooner? That’s how I feel about OUR SONG and isn’t title captivating? You can’t help and be curious about it. I had OUR SONG on my to read list for a while. Now that I read the book, I wish that I picked it up sooner than I have. I think that I might fallen in love with story only within few pages in. The first chapter sucks you in story. From first page, I couldn’t help but wonder, How did it happen? Why does she keep hearing that song? In a way that makes story more mysterious because like Olive you keep wondering why she keeps hearing the song. I didn’t want to pull away from the book, and I believe that if it wasn’t for work, I might not have. There were couple nights on weekend where I stayed up later, so I could see what happens. Once I finished OUR SONG I couldn’t stop thinking about it. OUR SONG is a story that you won’t be able to forget.



I tried to like him, I truly did but I couldn’t. Derek, I agree with Olive’s best friend, Annie that he is not good enough for her. By way he treated her after accident, pretending that she didn’t exist. Which had me wondering what their fight was about that night, I knew that it must been a big fight if she ended up taking his car. Once the truth came out and she remembered, I disliked Derek even more. I am glad that she ended it. I felt like he became more controlling once they got back together. Now, Nick is just what Olive needed, to move away from her ex-boyfriend, Derek. I could tell that two of them shared a bond not long after meeting. For first time since the accident, Olive seemed happy. My heart broke for Olive when Nick confessed the truth, and there was part of me that wish he didn’t. I do understand why he did. I hoped that Olive would find it in her heart to forgive him. I loved the ending, it was like a fairytale. I was glad that both of them got their happily after.



This was first book I read by JORDANNA FRAIBERG and now that I have read her book, I am curious what other books she holds in store for us. I can’t wait to check them out. OUR SONG was a touching story that I still find myself about. I have feeling that this will be a story that I will be re-reading in the future. A must read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon