May 11, 2014

The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants (Sisterhood,#1)

The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants.
Sisterhood,#1
Ann Brashares.

                        Publisher : Delacorte Press
Publication Date:September 11,2001
Genre:YA Contemporary
Format|Pages:Paperback|294
Source: Goodreads|Library.


☆☆☆☆


SUMMARY

Carmen got the jeans at a thrift shop. They didn’t look all that great: they were worn, dirty, and speckled with bleach. On the night before she and her friends part for the summer, Carmen decides to toss them. But Tibby says they’re great. She'd love to have them. Lena and Bridget also think they’re fabulous. Lena decides that they should all try them on. Whoever they fit best will get them. 

Nobody knows why, but the pants fit everyone perfectly. Even Carmen (who never thinks she looks good in anything) thinks she looks good in the pants. Over a few bags of cheese puffs, they decide to form a sisterhood and take the vow of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants . . . the next morning, they say good-bye. And then the journey of the pants — and the most memorable summer of their lives — begins. 

 
I first read this book in 10th grade and I remembered loving it. A lot time has passed since then so I decided to re- read it. Now I remember why I loved this book so much: It’s captivating, touching and breathtaking. It’s probably one of best books about friendship. It’s also unlike any young adult books out there. It will captivate you from the first sentence till the last; afterwards you will crave for more. Moment that I reached last page, I picked up Second Summer Of Sisterhood right away. I felt like I needed to know what would happen with Bridget, Tibby, Lena & Carmen next. I fell in love with the series all over again. Their friendship reminded me of a friendship I have with few of my friends, a true friendship. 

Bridget : Out of four of them, she was one of my favorite ones. I loved the fact that she wouldn’t give up for what she was going for. Like she went for Eric, and she wouldn’t give up till she had him. Yet I still worried about her, out of all of the friends, she seems the most fragile one. Way she fell apart after she gone too far with Eric, it worried me. It made me wonder if she would end up like her mother. When she got down, I wanted to hug her and tell her how everything would be okay. I do hope she makes it throught this, goes back to old Bridget, the outgoing one. 

Carmen : In beginning I wasn’t sure how I felt about her. Through the novel, I was between liking her, feeling sorry for her and not liking her that much. I felt bad that she went to see her dad, to spend time with him only to find a brand new family there. If I were in her situation I would felt the same, angry, hurt. I do think her father should mentioned it ahead of time, so she would been prepared and maybe it would turned out differently, maybe she try get to know them, to get along with them. Despite that, think how she acted towards Lydia, Krista and Paul was unfair, she should at least tried give them a chance, but she didn’t even try that. I was glad to see that she finally tried to accept them, though took till almost the end. I hoped she be there for her father’s wedding. 

Tibby : Seems like she’s the troublemaker out of the group, at least to me it seemed like she was. It feeling I got because of way that she acted around others. Bailey and Tibby, that was the friendship that I did not see coming and not just because of age difference. Mostly it was due to fact how two of them treated each other when they met. Of course maybe that’s why they became friends, because the two of them had the same attitude. I loved the bond between the two of them. I felt sad when Bailey got sick again and when she died. I felt bad for Tibby, just when she made a friend, got to know her. I actually had tears in my eyes. Hope that she makes it through this. With friends like hers, I am sure that she will. 

Lena : She’s my other favorite, maybe because she’s lot like me. Mostly her attitude is. I can’t draw to save my life. She’s the quiet one from the group. Loved that her character ended up all way in Greece, the descriptions made me wish that I was her. Moment that Lena met Kostos I felt an attraction, Lena just tried to decline or accept that a guy like Kostos could like her. She’s like me in a way, trying to hide her feelings. I am glad she finally had the courage to tell him how she felt. It made me smile when two of them kissed. 

Sisterhood Of Traveling Pants is an thrilling, emotional ride. It’s unlike any book that I read. Traveling Pants? It something that haven’t done and it was interesting to see, what each girl do while wearing the pants, to see all their adventures. I’m eager to see what’s in store for them next. It’s a story about a true meaning of friendship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon