May 3, 2014

Keeping The Moon.

Keeping The Moon.
Sarah Dessen.

Publisher : Speak
Publication Date:May 11,2004
Genre:YA Contemporary Drama.
Format|Pages:Paperback|228
Source: Goodreads|Library



☆☆☆☆





SUMMARY
Colie expects the worst when she's sent to spend the summer with her eccentric aunt Mira while her mother, queen of the television infomercial, tours Europe. Always an outcast -- first for being fat and then for being "easy" -- Colie has no friends at home and doesn't expect to find any in Colby, North Carolina. 

But then she lands a job at the Last Chance Cafe and meets fellow waitresses Morgan and Isabel, best friends with a loving yet volatile relationship. Wacky yet wise, Morgan and Isabel help Colie see herself in a new way and realize the potential that has been there all along. 

 
Did you ever have an author that any of books you read, you ended up loving them? Sarah Dessen is that author for me. I have read few of her books through the years, and I haven’t been disappointed. Dessen has a way to capture the reader’s attention right from beginning. Once again Dessen found a way to captive me with the story, relate with the characters in a way. Every time that I read the books; I am inspired to write myself. Her novels are so realistic. Keeping The Moon wasn’t any different. 

Isabel, Morgan, Colie : Their friendship was different, and realistic. At least to me it seemed realistic. I found it interesting how different the three of them were, especially Isabel yet they made pretty tight group. Despite Isabel‘s attitude I liked her. Mostly I liked the way she was, how honest she was, instead of protecting the person’s feelings. I believe it’s because of Isabel, Colie finally started to accept herself, for who she was. Now Morgan and Colie seemed more better friends, at least in beginning, but Morgan didn’t seem type of person who would hurt your feelings, mostly due to how she acted. I felt bad for her when she found out about her fiancĂ©e. Both Isabel and Morgan taught her about friendship and acceptance. 


  Norman : Honestly I wasn’t sure what to think of him at first. At start, when he came to pick up Colie he seemed a bit weird to me. Colie is last person that I thought end up with him, especially how she treated him when he picked her up. But as it progressed, I saw what a nice guy he was and that he did care for her, though Colie didn’t see it. Not till Isabel and Morgan pointed out to her. That’s what else I enjoyed about book, that their relationship didn’t develop, till towards the end of the book. It made it more realistic. Once book ended I did find myself wondering what’s going to happen with them next. 


Keeping The Moon was more about friendship, acceptance then romance and I liked that. I love books about friendship. This was one of the best books about the meaning of true friendship, and accepting yourself for who you are. I think that Keeping The Moon is a book that every teen should read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon