May 13, 2014

The Second Summer Of Sisterhood(Sisterhood,#2)

The Second Summer Of Sisterhood.
Sisterhood,#2
Ann Brashares.

                        Publisher : Delacorte Press
Publication Date:April 22,2003.
Genre:YA Contemporary
Format|Pages:Paperback|373
Source: Goodreads|Library.


☆☆☆☆


SUMMARY
With a bit of last summer's sand in the pockets, the Traveling Pants and the Sisterhood that wears them embark on their 16th summer. 

"Bridget: " Impulsively sets off for Alabama, wanting to both confront her demons about her family and avoid them all at once. 

"Lena: "Spends a blissful week with Kostos, making the unexplainable silence that follows his visit even more painful. 

"Carmen: " Is concerned that her mother is making a fool of herself over a man. When she discovers that her mother borrowed the Pants to wear on a date, she's certain of it. 

"Tibby: " Not about to spend another summer working at Wallman's, she takes a film course only to find it's what happens off-camera that teaches her the most. 
 
I’m glad that I decided pick books up, re-read them. I’m in love with series all over again. I knew that there was a reason that I love Ann Brashares. She has a way to pull a reader into a story. I know that I was. Though I enjoyed the first book a bit more, I still enjoyed this book as well. Second Summer Of Sisterhood just didn’t seem as much going on like the first one but I still got through it pretty fast. It kept my attention from start till the very end. I feel like I know all four of characters by now and I want to know what happens with them next, what adventures awaits them next. Its type of books that I believe every teen girl will enjoy. I’m not teen anymore but I love it. I love reading about the friendship between the 4 girls. It’s type of friendship that everyone should have. A Loyal one. Friends that won’t turn back on you. 

The one character I wasn’t happy with this book, was Carmen. I’m sorry to say this but she acted like a spoiled child. Couldn’t she see that her mother was happy? I understand that maybe she was unhappy because her mother started to date again, but it gave her no right to act how she did. I would never treat my mother like that. I don’t know how Cristina put up with her attitude. I was glad that she realized towards end how she acted, wasn’t right and fixed it, or at least tried to. I could see that her and her mother are close and that maybe she was jealous of David, of him spending most of time with her. Glad that it got worked out in the end. 

Now Bridget. I didn’t expect her to give her a fake name, when she went to see her grandmother and I kept wondering why she did it. Was it because she wanted to get to know her first? Or learn more about her mother, before telling her truth. At same time I wondered if she figured out that it’s her own granddaughter who helped her, or how long it would take her to figure out. I was glad to see that two of them created a bond, though they haven’t seen each other in years. Bridget needs someone like that. A family that she can come to. 

Not many things went right for Lena in this book seems like. I felt bad for her. First her feelings for Kostos and then what happened afterwards. Plus her drama with her mother. It didn’t seem like she could catch a break. When Kostos and her re-connected, I was happy for her, smiling when they were together. I could see them happy together in the future. When Kostos got another girl pregnant and married her that I did not see coming at all. When he went back home, I thought it was because of family emergency. My heart broke for Lena when she found out, I wanted to pull her into hug right away. I’m glad she has Carmen, Tibby, Bridget to help her through it. i also got feeling that something might happen, between her and Paul. 

I think Tibby is only one who doesn’t seem to see, how Brian feels about her. He came all that way to see her, he spent time with her in the room. If that’s not a sign, then what is? All she did is ditch him for her new friends. To me, it felt that she was embarrassed to have him around her new friends. That shouldn’t matter, if she is a real friend. I am glad that she came to her senses at the end. Her movie about Bailey got me to tear up a bit, because I liked Bailey too. It’s was inspirational, the movie. 

Loved Letters and Quotes in the book. Second Summer Of Sisterhood filled with love, friendship. A meaning of true friendship. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Bridget, Tibby, Carmen and Lena next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon