May 7, 2014

Dare You To(Pushing The Limits,#2)

Dare You To.
Pushing The Limits,#2
Katie McGarry.

Publisher : Harlequin Teen
Publication Date:May 28,2013
Genre:YA Contemporary Drama| Romance
Format|Pages:Paperback|456
Source: Goodreads|Library.


☆☆☆☆



SUMMARY
  Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth." 

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..." 

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does.... 

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him. 

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all. 
 
Did you ever read a book that took your breath away? That you found yourself thinking about afterwards? Dare You To was that book. I am aware that book was fictional but it felt so real, I got engaged with the story, the characters and there were few times, I had force myself to put it down. I loved Pushing The Limits, but I loved Dare You To even more. It was pretty intense, and there were so many emotions that went through me while reading it. To me, Dare you To was even more intense then Noah & Echo’s story was. Every page, every chapter had me on the edge of my seat. After reading Dare You too, Katie Mcgarry became an author that I’m going to love. Just read two of her books and hooked on her writing already. Her stories are unforgettable. 

Beth : When she appeared in Pushing The Limits I wasn’t her biggest fan, actually I didn’t like her at all. I hated her attitude and how she treated Echo, before she actually got to know her. I was aware that she had a troubled life but I didn’t realize how troubled, till I read Dare You To. Finding out that 2nd book would be Beth’s story, I was excited. Despite how I felt about her, I was curious to see her whole story, if there is a reason that she acts that way. Reading Dare You To my feelings for her changed, I actually started to like her even if there are choices that she made, that I didn’t agree with. I wasn’t happy how she treated Ryan, how she treated Isaiah when he told her he loved her, right away she dismissed it and lost him. I hoped that she would see that her mother was trouble, and that it wasn’t her job to take care of her, and that it just get her killed one day. It almost did. I did see change in her through book, especially when she was around Ryan. 


Ryan: Him, I loved right from a start. He’s type of a guy that every girl wants for boyfriend. I know that I would. He’s caring. Of course I wasn’t too happy with him at first, knowing that in beginning he was just using Beth to win a dare. I could tell that he didn’t like her, at least the start he didn’t. I actually though after dare he wouldn’t speak to her and go his own way, maybe even get back to Gwen. I was surprised to find out that he actually started care for her, fell for her. I loved how he wouldn’t give up on them, on her even when Beth insulted him half of time, and pushed him away. I could tell that he really loved her. Most of times they were fighting but when they weren’t, the scenes made me smile. I think it was only time that Beth was actually smiling. It got me to smile when on rare occasions he made her smile. Why can’t all guys be like him? I was actually surprised that he ended falling for girl like Beth, because both of them are so different. I never imagine that two of them would end up together. I’m glad they did though. It was good, for both of them. 

Dare You To was an emotional ride, from the first sentence to the last. It was filled with suspense, romance and even bit of mystery. How can you not love a book like this? Now I’m eager to see what Katie has in store next. Already I got feeling that I won’t be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon