Aug 7, 2020

So This Is Love(A Twisted Tale,#9)

☆☆☆
so this is love.
A Twisted Tale, #9.
 Elizabeth lim.

Publisher  Disney-Hyperion.
Publication Date: April 7,2020.
Genre:  Fairy Tale Retelling.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|416.
 Source: Goodreads| Library. 



















CONTAINS SPOILERS



What if Cinderella never tried on the glass slipper?



Unable to prove that she's the missing princess, and unable to bear life under Lady Tremaine any longer, Cinderella starts work at the palace as a seamstress. However, when Cinderella finds herself witness to a grand conspiracy to take the king - and the prince - out of power, she is faced with questions of love and loyalty to the kingdom.



Cinderella must find a way to stop the villains of past and present... before it's too late. 




 





Magical.



There are no other words to describe this retelling. I started reading A Twisted Tale series a couple of years ago, once one of my best friends told me about it. SO THIS IS LOVE is the third book that I read in the series. Cinderella has always been one of my favorite fairytales as a kid, and I have read a few retellings through the years. SO THIS IS LOVE is unlike any Cinderella retelling that I have read before, I love the unique spin on the fairytale. When I have read the original fairytale, I did wonder what would happen if Cinderella did not have a chance to try on the glass slipper. When I found out about SO THIS IS LOVE , I knew that I had to check out, and I had a feeling that it was going be a book I would love. The twist on this fairytale was unlike what I was expecting to be, and it was filled with so many twists that even I did not see coming. For instance, I did not think that Cinderella's stepmother would be so cruel that she would sell her. That is going too far. I was happy that Cinderella was able to escape; I cannot begin to imagine what might happen to her if she didn't.



When Cinderella started working at the palace, I wondered if the prince would recognize her as the girl that got away. That is another thing that I loved about this retelling; there was more about the prince and the king. In the original fairytale, he seemed to have a small role, and I had always wondered more about Prince Charles, what was he thinking? How did he feel when he met Cinderella? I loved it when SO THIS IS LOVE started with the ball when Cinderella and Prince Charles met. It was easy to see, to feel how much the two cared about one another, despite that the two of them knowing each other for a short period. I wondered how long it would take Prince Charles to figure out that Cinderella is the same girl that he fell in love with. I did hope that Grand Duke did not find out; first, he was one character that I had a bad feeling about from the start, I knew he was up to something.



Duchess Genevieve. At first, I was not sure how to feel about her. I felt as if she was harsh, too hard on Cinderella. As time passed, I could tell that all of that was an act. Despite not telling her, I knew that she liked Cinderella and was fond of her. I knew that Genevieve was someone that you could trust. She was a character that I did not think that I was going to like, but she ended up being one of my favorite characters. SO THIS IS LOVE is another great addition to A Twisted Tale collection. I am glad that King George figured out Grand Duke was not who he thought that he was. SO THIS IS LOVE is a book that has something happening on every page. If you are a fan of fairytale retelling, I would highly recommend this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon