Aug 12, 2020

Catwoman:Soulstealer(DC Icons,#3)


     
  CONTAINS SPOILERS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 









When the Bat's away, the Cat will play. It's time to see how many lives this cat really has. . . .




Two years after escaping Gotham City's slums, Selina Kyle returns as the mysterious and wealthy Holly Vanderhees. She quickly discovers that with Batman off on a vital mission, Batwing is left to hold back the tide of notorious criminals. Gotham City is ripe for the taking.



Meanwhile, Luke Fox wants to prove he has what it takes to help people in his role as Batwing. He targets a new thief on the prowl who seems cleverer than most. She has teamed up with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, and together they are wreaking havoc. This Catwoman may be Batwing's undoing. 



 



I did not know much about Catwoman before reading this book. However, I love a book that deals with superheroes. One of my favorite authors, SARAH J.MASS wrote the book, and it looked at the type of book that I would enjoy. I did not know what to think when I picked up, mostly because I don’t know much about Catwoman, so I did not have anything to compare it to. It did not take me long after I started reading the book, which I will love, this book. CATWOMAN: SOULSTEALER had everything that I love about fantasy, superheroes books. CATWOMAN: SOULSTEALER is unlike other books that I read about superheroes because Selina was not a superhero but a thief. However, she had a reason behind why she went into a life of crime, a way to save her sick sister, Maggie. Anytime that she was doing that, stealing. I would find myself hoping that she would not be caught, because once she did, there would be no saving Maggie. I did wonder why she did not get a job instead of stealing. There is no mistaking how much she loved Maggie, considering how much risks she took for her.



I wondered from the start if Luke would figure out that Holly was Catwoman. Also, I wondered when she figured out that Luke was Batwing, and if her feelings for him would change. I knew that eventually it would be discovered that Holly was Catwoman and that she was behind all those robberies, and that it would not end well for either for them. However, it did not end the way that I thought it would and was a surprise for me. I was hoping that the two of them could be together; it was clear the connection that the two of them had. I know that Selina wasn’t expecting that to happen to fall for Luke. I did not think it would happen either, considering how she acted when she first met Luke. Their feelings to each other came as a shock to both of them. I loved reading the scenes between the two of them, and I was eager to see if anything else would happen between the two of them.



I love the friendship that developed between Selina, Harley, and Poison Ivy. Their friendship was not something that I was expecting when they teamed up. I did notice that Poison Ivy and Selina had more bonds that Selina and Harley. I do feel that the only reason Harley agreed to help her because Selina promised that she would free The Joker. The friendship, in general, was unexpected from neither of them. I do feel that they needed that, a friend. I am curious what happened to them after the book ended, if they kept on being friends and what happened with Harley. CATWOMAN: SOULSTEALER did not have a lot of action through the book, though I did feel that it had enough effect. I could not put the book down, and by the time that I did, hours have passed since I started reading. This was the fourth book that I have read by SARAH J. MASS , and I am in love with her writing style, her characters.



Be prepared for a magical, thrilling ride!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon