Oct 31, 2018

To Be Honest.

☆☆☆
To be honest.
 Maggie Ann martin.

Publisher  Swoon Reads.
Publication Date: August 21,2018
Genre: YA |Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|3o4.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.












CONTAINS SPOILERS



Savannah is dreading being home alone with her overbearing mother after her sister goes off to college. But if she can just get through senior year, she'll be able to escape to college, too. What she doesn't count on is that her mother's obsession with weight has only grown deeper since her appearance on an extreme weight-loss show, and now Savvy's mom is pressuring her even harder to be constantly mindful of what she eats.


  Between her mom's diet-helicoptering, missing her sister, and worrying about her collegiate future, Savvy has enough to worry about. And then she meets George, the cute new kid at school who has insecurities of his own. As Savvy and George grow closer, they help each other discover how to live in the moment and enjoy the here and now before it disappears.



 





Powerful.



If I could give this book more than five stars, To Be Honest deserves. When I picked up this book, I fell in love from the first page until the last, I would spend hours reading the book. Once I did finish, I wanted to go back and read it again. The plot in BE HONEST IS amazing, and it gets you through emotions, Sad, Happy, Angry, anxious. I loved the fact Savannah was happy with her body and didn’t want lose weight. I disliked her mom, and how she treated her, always put her down. Or the time George came over, and there were cookies in oven. How she put them in trash can before they were done, and then Pizza. I loved how George didn’t get weirded out an leave. He was supportive. I tried to like her mom but couldn’t. I wasn’t surprised when she went to hospital, I feel like she ate nothing, or not enough. I am glad she got admitter to Facility for help.



George, how can you not like him. I saw how the two bonded, not long after they met. Though you could see that the attraction started is when she started to tutor him. Afterwards, they started to hand out more. I wish that Savannah told George how she feels about hm, earlier than she did. George was sweet, always there when she needed him. Yet she was convinced that he didn’t like her like that. I was rooting for two of them all through the book. I found myself how the two of them are, after that last page. I loved the scenes with them, together unless they were arguing.



I liked Ashley, how supportive she was, always there when she needed. I love the sibling bond. To me they felt more like best friends than siblings. I would love a sibling like that. It’s not often you see siblings close as the two of them were. Ashley wasn’t only one I adored. Grace, Savannah’s best friend. Grace would always there, and when Savannah got in fight, she was there, giving her advice. I loved her advice, some of them were inspiring to me.



TO BE HONEST wasn’t first book I read bu MAGGIE ANN MARTIN. I read her debut novel as well. I already knew that she become an author that everyone wants to read. I am already looking forward to her next book, I can’t to see what adventures she will take us next.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon