Oct 28, 2018

Far From The Tree.

☆☆☆
Far from the tree.
 robin benway. 

Publisher  Harper Teen.
Publication Date: October 3,2017.
Genre: YA Contemporary.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|374.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.















CONTAINS SPOILERS



Being the middle child has its ups and downs.



But for Grace, an only child who was adopted at birth, discovering that she is a middle child is a different ride altogether. After putting her own baby up for adoption, she goes looking for her biological family, including—



Maya, her loudmouthed younger bio sister, who has a lot to say about their newfound family ties. Having grown up the snarky brunette in a house full of chipper redheads, she’s quick to search for traces of herself among these not-quite-strangers. And when her adopted family’s long-buried problems begin to explode to the surface, Maya can’t help but wonder where exactly it is that she belongs.



And Joaquin, their stoic older bio brother, who has no interest in bonding over their shared biological mother. After seventeen years in the foster care system, he’s learned that there are no heroes, and secrets and fears are best kept close to the vest, where they can’t hurt anyone but him 



 





A stunning, inspiring, heartbreaking story. You will fall in love.



I love stories about families, about the bond that they have. I had a feeling that FAR FROM THE TREE would end being the type of book that I love. It was so much more, it was an inspiration, reading about the three siblings bonding. A lot of emotions went through me while I was reading it, from sadness, to anger, to surprise and to love. It was as if I were feeling all the emotions that Grace, Maya and Joaquin were feeling in the book. I wanted to find out what would happen with them next. It was as if I felt a connection with the three siblings. I can’t even begin to imagine how it be to find that you had, not one but two siblings. At first I wondered if they would want to meet each other after so long, and what would happen once they did. Seeing them bond so fast, as if years haven’t passed, it made me happy. I know that they needed one another, even if they didn’t know it at first. I loved fact that no matter what, all of them were there for one another, through everything.



It’s hard for me which one was my favorite. Actually I don’t think that I have a favorite, all of them were amazing, and very likable characters. Maya, Grace and Joaquin are the type that I would loved to have as friends, the way there were always from one another. I loved how they were always there for Joaquin who seemed to have the hardest life. Even after he told them what happened, they didn’t judge him, they didn’t blame him. They were there for him and I know that’s what he needed. I hoped that he would change his mind and see how much Linda and Mark loved him and would let them adopt him. That he wouldn’t blame himself for that one accident when he was a kid. I felt bad for him, and happy that he found a family that loved him, didn’t judge him for his past and most of all, trusted him. I loved Claire, I loved how she didn’t give up on her, despite how she pushed her away. I loved them all. I thought reading from each of their point of view, is how reader got to bond with each of character. I couldn’t get enough of their stories. I still can’t get out of my mind.



FAR FROM THE TREE is a third book I read by ROBIN BENWAY and I think that I fell in love with her writing more. Now I will be looking out for her books. Plus, isn’t title beautiful? It fits the story perfectly. FAR FROM THE TREE deserves more that five stars.



A touching story about family that will stay with you.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon