Jul 14, 2018

The Brightsiders.

☆☆☆
the brightsiders.
 jen wilde.

Publisher  Swoon Reads.
Publication Date: May 22,2018
Genre:YA  Contemporary Romance.
Format Reads.|Pages: Hardcover|336. 
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.













 CONTAINS SPOILERS


As a rock star drummer in the hit band The Brightsiders, Emmy King’s life should be perfect. But there’s nothing the paparazzi love more than watching a celebrity crash and burn. When a night of partying lands Emmy in hospital and her girlfriend in jail, she’s branded the latest tabloid train wreck.



Luckily, Emmy has her friends and bandmates, including the super-swoonworthy Alfie, to help her pick up the pieces of her life. She knows hooking up with a band member is exactly the kind of trouble she should be avoiding, and yet Emmy and Alfie Just. Keep. Kissing.



Will the inevitable fallout turn her into a clickbait scandal (again)? Or will she find the strength to stand on her own? 

 





I’m in love. This novel was…astonishing, heartbreaking, magical. Once I reached the end, I wanted to go back to beginning and re-read it again. I don’t think that there was anything about this book that I didn’t love. There are characters you can’t help but love (Expect few) the storyline that will hook you from the first page, to the last. I got to say Swoon Reads has some amazing writers, I had read few books and fell in love with most of them. I love the title, THE BRIGHTSIDERS which has such a nice ring to it, and the cover, I’m in love with the cover. I believe the cover itself and I love how the hair color is three different colors. I think that the cover fits the story perfectly. I have heard of the author before and THE BRIGHTSIDERS was the first book that I have read by JEN WILDE and now that I have, I can’t to wait to read the others that she written. I’m sure that they will be as amazing as this one.



I love Emmy and I felt bad, for what she had go through, what she had to deal with. I wanted to give her a big hug. If I were her friend I probably would have. I don’t think I hated a character in book like I hated Jessie and Emmy’s parents. They were controlling, abusive. Who takes video of her own child fighting with her girlfriend and sell it for money? It’s impossible to like them when they do something like that. It’s no wonder that Emmy left those months back, they don’t even treat her like a daughter. Jessie, she’s another story. I don’t even think she even loved her, she just said that to make a scene. I think that she mostly dated her because she was famous, I know that Emmy was right about that. The way she treated her, tried to control her and have Emmy feel bad about herself, that’s abuse right there. I was glad when Emmy finally coming to her senses and broke up with her, even if that did end how she thought that it would. Emmy’s parents and Jessie I don’t think I would be able to handle them way that Emmy did.



Emmy and Alfie, don’t you love that name? It’s unique in my opinion. I saw the bond between the two of them even before they started kissing, before they realized how the two of them feel about each other. The two of them had a special bond, he was always the first person that she went to when her parents were giving her hard time. The two of them could always count on each other. I love the friendship between the two of them. I had feeling that once they kissed that first time, things would change. It did not take to see how much the two of them cared for each other. Alfie was the one that Emmy needed, not Jessie. I noticed that when he was around, she was happy, he made her happy. I was rooting for two of them, and seeing when the two of them come to their senses and realize that they belong with each other. I loved the ending, it was amazing and I actually teared up reading it. I couldn’t get enough of two of them. They are what they needed, what they were missing in their life.



A beautiful story about love and friendship. You will fall in love. A story that you won’t forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon