Jul 28, 2018

Taste Test.

☆☆☆
taste test.
 kelly fiore stultz.

Publisher  Walker Children's
Publication Date: August 27,2013.
Genre:YA  Contemporary Romance.
Format Reads.|Pages: Hardcover|352.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.













 CONTAINS SPOILERS



If you can grill it, smoke it, or fry it, Nora Henderson knows all about it. She's been basting baby back ribs and pulling pork at her father's barbeque joint since she was tall enough to reach the counter. When she's accepted to Taste Test, a reality-television teen cooking competition, Nora can't wait to leave her humble hometown behind, even if it means saying good-bye to her dad and her best friend, Billy. Once she's on set, run-ins with her high-society roommate and the maddeningly handsome-not to mention talented-son of a famous chef, Christian Van Lorten, mean Nora must work even harder to prove herself. But as mysterious accidents plague the kitchen arena, protecting her heart from one annoyingly charming fellow contestant in particular becomes the least of her concerns. Someone is conducting real-life eliminations, and if Nora doesn't figure out who, she could be next to get chopped for good.



With romance and intrigue as delectable as the winning recipes included in the story, this debut novel will be devoured by all.






 




This was the first book I read by KELLY FIORE STULTZ and when I picked it up, I didn’t know what to expect. I love books about cooking, food and anything that involves cooking competitions, even watched few on TV. I love the fact that this was about teen cooking competition and I had a feeling that TASTE TEST would be a book which I would enjoy. It ended up being a book that I read in one day, and that was due to fact because I didn’t want to put the book back down, I wanted to see how the story would end. Of course I couldn’t help but wonder who would win. I felt like I was watching this on TV, watching all the characters cooking and I rooting for my favorite one, Nora. It’s not like I didn’t like other characters, but I felt as if Nora worked the hardest to show to judges and the other contestants that she has it what it takes. Nora worked so hard, and not once did she give up. Not after the accidents and not all the drama between her and Christian. I couldn’t help but root for her. I loved the unique names for the show, Taste Test it’s unlike anything I heard of before when it comes to food competitions. I got admit, while reading this book I started to get hungry just by reading what they were making, I could imagine it all.



Nora and Christian, the two of them didn’t seem to have a great start. Every time that the two of them started to get along, something got in their way. I believe that what made it more interesting and more realistic is that they didn’t like each other right away. I do wish that Nora realized how she felt and let Christian more before his accident. I understand why she didn’t, because if she let the feelings get in way, he would been a distraction and she might not done as well in the competition. I know that she was attracted to him, mostly the way she acted when he was around, or anytime that he flirted with another girl. Even her friends noticed it before she did. I know that Christian wasn’t always the nicest guy, but despite their drama he always seemed be there for her when she needed him. I know that the only reason they fought way they did, was because they liked each other, but didn’t want admit it at first, or possibly didn’t want everyone else to. I am curious what will happen with two of them after. I am curious about most of characters and wonder where they would be after the show ends. If they still end up chef’s sometime in the future.



There were few twists, few surprises through the book. However the one which was most surprising was fact that Gigi was the one responsible for all those accidents. Like Nora, I was sure that it was Holden Prescott. I was in shock. I had a feeling that Gigi was hiding something, just way that she became distant lately but that wasn’t what I expected. I liked her. After that, I wasn’t sure what to think. I know that her mother made her do it, but she could stopped after Angela’s accident, she could said no. One twist that I didn’t see coming in TASTE TEST . There is still part of me that doesn’t want to believe it. She could killed them all. I wonder what would happen to her now, and if Nora would ever be able forgive her. I know that I wouldn’t. I loved that about the book, the mystery, the suspense. Moment that accidents started to happen, I couldn’t help but wonder Why? and who is responsible. I love books with mystery, makes the book more interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. It’s why I read it in one day, just when I thought about putting down, KELLY FIORE STULTZ hooked me back in.



Astonishing, mysterious, unforgettable debut novel.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon