Jan 14, 2018

Shatter Me(Shatter Me, #1)

☆☆☆
shatter me.
Shatter Me,#1
 tahereh mafi

Publisher  Harper
Publication Date: November 15,2011.
Genre:YA Contemporary Romance|Fantasy.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|338.
 Source:  Goodreads|Bought











 CONTAINS SPOILERS




I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon

I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 



 








Have you ever came across that one series, no matter how many times you read it. Every time you seem to fall in love with story more? SHATTER ME is that series for me. I decided to re – read it and it has been a while since I read it last time. From moment that I started reading it again, I remember why I loved this book so much, why I keep re-reading it. SHATTER ME is breathtaking, magical story that will stay with you long after you come to the last page. Even if I read it before and knew what was coming, I was still on the edge of my seat. I spent hours reading , mostly because I could not force myself to put it down and made me glad that it’s weekend so I had more time to read.




SHATTER ME is unlike any Young Adult Fantasy book I read before, and I had read a lot through the years. TAHEREH MAFI has a style that is unlike any style that I read before, and she has a way to hook a reader to story from first sentence. Every page, every chapter pulled me more into a story and that was one of reasons that it was impossible to put the book down. Just when you think that you reached a stopping point, she will pull you back into story. SHATTER ME didn’t have a single page where there wasn’t something going on, Just when you think that nothing else can surprise you, there is another twist you don’t see coming. Like Warner able to touch Juliette like Adam can.



Juliette, I loved her from the start. I can’t even begin to imagine how it must felt to not be able to touch anyone. I don’t think I would lasted as long as she had, if I were in her situation I would given up a long time ago. Especially being isolated for as long as she had been, that would drive me crazy. I feel like things got a bit easier for Juliette once Adam got there, and fact that he could touch her too. I think for first time in a while, she was happy. I loved the two of them together. The way he watched her, and how was willing to risk his life to protect her. That’s love. I was glad that they were able to escape and get away from there. I do know that Warner won’t give up, not until he finds her.




Beautifully written, a must read. I feel like this book deserves more than 5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon