Feb 24, 2024

The Fury.

 


This is a tale of murder. 


Or maybe that’s not quite true. At its heart, it’s a love story, isn’t it? 


Lana Farrar is a reclusive ex–movie star and one of the most famous women in the world. Every year, she invites her closest friends to escape the English weather and spend Easter on her idyllic private Greek island. 


I tell you this because you may think you know this story. You probably read about it at the time ― it caused a real stir in the tabloids, if you remember. It had all the necessary ingredients for a press a celebrity; a private island cut off by the wind…and a murder.
We found ourselves trapped there overnight. Our old friendships concealed hatred and a desire for revenge. What followed was a game of cat and mouse ― a battle of wits, full of twists and turns, building to an unforgettable climax. The night ended in violence and death, as one of us was found murdered. 


But who am I? 


My name is Elliot Chase, and I’m going to tell you a story unlike any you’ve ever heard. 

 

 

 Haunting. 


The Fury is Alex Michaelides' third book I've read. He's the author to follow. Every book in his collection is unique, making it one of my favorite things about his works. I put The Fury on hold at the library and finally got a chance to read it. Now, I don't even know where to start. Although I found his other two books different, this one was unlike any book I had read before. I felt mixed reviews surrounded the book The Fury due to its writing style; however, that didn't prevent me from checking it out. I enjoyed the writing style, especially the conversational tone used by the character, which made the character feel more relatable and realistic. Every page of the book left me craving and wondering about the killer's identity. 


As the story expanded, I made several guesses about the killer's identity. When I thought I had figured out the identity, another twist in the story had me on the edge of my seat. which will have you guessing almost until the end. Elliott Chase is a character with whom readers will have a complex relationship. Although there were things about him that I liked, I also had a sense that he was involved in something suspicious. There were a few slow parts in the book, where I felt there was too much description. However, it picked up within a few pages. 


The book The Fury is so gripping that even days after finishing it, I can't stop thinking about it. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading thrillers and mysteries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon