Feb 18, 2024

One True Loves.

 


In her twenties, Emma Blair marries her high school sweetheart, Jesse. They build a life for themselves, far away from the expectations of their parents and the people of their hometown in Massachusetts. They travel the world together, living life to the fullest and seizing every opportunity for adventure.
On their first wedding anniversary, Jesse is on a helicopter over the Pacific when it goes missing. Just like that, Jesse is gone forever. 


Emma quits her job and moves home in an effort to put her life back together. Years later, now in her thirties, Emma runs into an old friend, Sam, and finds herself falling in love again. When Emma and Sam get engaged, it feels like Emma’s second chance at happiness. 


That is, until Jesse is found. He’s alive, and he’s been trying all these years to come home to her. With a husband and a fiancĂ©, Emma has to now figure out who she is and what she wants, while trying to protect the ones she loves. 


Who is her one true love? What does it mean to love truly? 


Emma knows she has to listen to her heart. She’s just not sure what it’s saying. 

 

 

 There are so many emotions running through me now. This is not the first book I've read by Taylor Jenkins Reid, but I'm still surprised. There were a few instances where I wished I didn't have to work to continue reading. I stayed up later than I should have to finish the book on a couple of nights. I am delighted that One True Loves was chosen as our book club's monthly read. Every page of the book was so captivating that it kept me engrossed in the story even more, and of course, I couldn't help but wonder who Emma would ultimately choose. It was difficult for me to imagine being in her shoes and having to make such a decision. How could one possibly make such a choice without causing pain to someone. I don't know how I would handle her situation. The book was impossible to put down because I needed to know what happened next. 


Jesse and Sam were both unique in their own way; it was impossible to choose a favorite between them. I knew she loved both, and I realized it wouldn't be an easy decision for her. I was shocked when I found out that Jesse was alive, and I couldn’t imagine how Emma felt. However, I felt worse for Sam. How do you deal with your fiancĂ©e's husband coming back. I could only imagine what was going through his mind when he learned about Jesse. I couldn’t help but wonder if the relationship between Sam and Emma Jesse was over once returned. Sam's actions showed his immense love for Emma. I knew that Jesse wouldn’t be the same person as he was before he vanished, and I wondered if that would impact Emma’s decision. I was conflicted about who I wanted Emma to end up with. One True Loves is a book that will have you wondering until the end. 


Most of the books I've read by Taylor Jenkins Reid have been historical fiction. One True Loves was different from her other books that I have read but in a good way. As with her previous works, I grew attached to both the characters and the story almost immediately. After only a couple of chapters, it felt like I had made new friends. This is the book that I wish I had read earlier, and I have a feeling that I will come back and re-read this story in the future. I highly recommend it to romance fans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon