Dec 16, 2020

The Vanishing Throne(The Falconer,#2)

                           

                                          CONTAINS SPOILERS


Everything she loved is gone. 


Trapped. Aileana Kameron, the Falconer, disappeared through the fae portal she was trying to close forever. Now she wakes in an alien world of mirrors, magic, and deception—a prisoner of the evil fae Lonnrach, who has a desperate and deadly plan for his new captive.  

Tortured. Time after agonizing time Lonnrach steals Aileana's memories, searching for knowledge to save his world. Just when she's about to lose all hope, Aileana is rescued by an unexpected ally and returns home, only to confront a terrifying truth. The city of Edinburgh is now an unrecognizable wasteland. And Aileana knows the devastation is all her fault. 


Transformed. The few human survivors are living in an underground colony, in an uneasy truce with a remnant of the fae. It is a fragile alliance, but an even greater danger awaits: the human and fae worlds may disappear forever. Only Aileana can save both worlds, but in order to do so she must awaken her latent Falconer powers. And the price of doing so might be her life… 

 

 

 

  Oh, man. That ending…I don't think there are enough words to explain my emotions right now. I have been eager to read THE VANISHING THRONE since I read the first book. Of course, now that I have read it, I want the next book right now. It makes me glad that I checked out both at the same time. After how THE FALCONER ended, I expected a twist in the next book. Yet, I did not see that one coming. That twist has my emotions going in different directions. I have finished the book this morning, and I am still thinking about it. I did not have a chance to read the next book in the series, and I cannot wait to see what happens, how it will end. I had high expectations for the book, especially after reading the first one. I loved the first one, but the second one was even better. Every page had something happening. I felt as if THE VANISHING THRONE had more action than the first one. This was the book that was impossible to put down, and I spent a few hours everyday reading. 


Aileana. I loved her from book one. She's one of the characters who have the most development. Aileana is not the girl she was in the first book. She's strong; she's determined. I love that no matter what happens, she doesn't give up no matter what she goes through. When Lonnrach tortured Aileana, she could give up, but she didn't. I felt as if I was there along with Aileana; her emotions were that strong. Everything in the book, the descriptions, emotions are vivid. As I read the book, I pictured everything that was happening, where they were, the battle. There were times that I was so into the book that I would lose track of time. One more chapter would turn into five, sometimes seven more chapters. THE VANISHING THRONE is not a book that you will have an easy time putting down once you start reading. 


Aileana and Kieran. I loved them before. Now, I want the two of them to end up together. The scenes between the two of them, I couldn't get enough. The two of them belong together. If the two don't end up together by the last book, I will not be happy. The way the two of them look at each other as if they are the only ones in the room. They are in love, and I am sure that everyone is aware of how they feel for one another. I don't think that the two of them are as happy as they are when they are with each other. I loved the new characters introduced in this book, and my favorite was Kieran's sister, Aithinne. I loved the first meeting between her and Aileana, the sense of humor that Aithinne has. Most of all, I enjoyed the bond that she and Aileana seemed to have created with each other. There are so many great characters that I don't think I can pick a favorite one. 


This was magical, heartbreaking, mysterious. THE VANISHING THRONE is a book for historical fiction, romance, and fantasy fans. I am still thinking about the book as I write the review. There is part of me that is sad that it is coming to an end. On the other hand, I am eager to see how it will end for everyone, especially Aileana.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon