Dec 14, 2020

Capturing The Devil (Stalking Jack The Ripper,#4)

 

CONTAINS SPOILERS

 

 Audrey Rose Wadsworth and Thomas Cresswell have landed in America, a bold, brash land unlike the genteel streets of London they knew. But like London, the city of Chicago hides its dark secrets well. When the two attend the spectacular World's Fair, they find the once-in-a-lifetime event tainted with reports of missing people and unsolved murders. 


Determined to help, Audrey Rose and Thomas begin their investigations, only to find themselves facing a serial killer unlike any they've heard of before. Identifying him is one thing, but capturing him---and getting dangerously lost in the infamous Murder Hotel he constructed as a terrifying torture device---is another. 


Will Audrey Rose and Thomas see their last mystery to the end---together and in love---or will their fortunes finally run out when their most depraved adversary makes one final, devastating kill? 

 

 

 

 
My emotions...There are so many of them after reading the final book. A part of me doesn't want to admit that the series is over. 


I fell in love with the series only a few pages into the first book. It did not take me long to fall in love with Thomas, but then who wouldn't fall in love with him? I loved his sense of humor, and I loved the relationship between him and Audrey Rose. Since the first book, you seen their bond, their relationship grows. I saw the way that the two of them fell in love with each other. Sometimes I did the feeling that Thomas loved Audrey Rose more than she loved him. All those doubts vanished once I started reading CAPTURING THE DEVIL . They were the couple that I was rooting for from the beginning, knowing that what the two of them had was special. I was happy when the two were officially engaged. Then everything fell apart for them, and I was as shocked as anyone else there. Thomas betrothed to another; I was sure that it was a mistake. I did not want it to be true; Thomas and Audrey Rose belonged with each other. My heart shattered for both. I hoped that they would find a way around it. I was rooting for them to find a way to be with each other. 


From all the books from the series, this had the most drama. CAPTURING THE DEVIL had the most scenes between Thomas and Audrey Rose. Unfortunately, they were not all happy ones. I found myself crying along with the two of them. I know that they were fictional characters, but to me, they were real; I went on all the adventures along with them. I did not want to believe that this was how it was going to end for them. I couldn't. CAPTURING THE DEVIL did not have much mystery, not how the other two books had, not until closer to the end. I wish that this book had more mystery; it did not feel the same as the other two. However, once again, it was an impossible book to put down, with the twists that you did not see coming. When you are sure that you know what will happen, there is another twist and another. It's one of the reasons that you will find yourself reading late into the night. 


That ending. I think I was the most emotional at that ending—a perfect end to a fantastic series. Stalking Jack The Ripper will be a series that I will be coming back to. This is the series that I recommended to a few of my friends, the one that I cannot seem to stop talking about. How did I not discover this series earlier? Do you love horror? Mystery? Do you love guessing who the killer is? Be sure to check out this series, and you will be wondering who the killer is until the end. Plus, there is some romance and historical fiction in the mix. A must read. Prepare yourself for a thrilling ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon