Nov 21, 2020

Daisy Jones & The Six.

                               

  CONTAINS SPOILERS

 

A gripping novel about the whirlwind rise of an iconic 1970s rock group and their beautiful lead singer, revealing the mystery behind their infamous break up. Everyone knows Daisy Jones & The Six, but nobody knows the real reason why they split at the absolute height of their popularity…until now.

Daisy is a girl coming of age in L.A. in the late sixties, sneaking into clubs on the Sunset Strip, sleeping with rock stars, and dreaming of singing at the Whisky a Go-Go. The sex and drugs are thrilling, but it’s the rock and roll she loves most. By the time she’s twenty, her voice is getting noticed, and she has the kind of heedless beauty that makes people do crazy things. 


Another band getting noticed is The Six, led by the brooding Billy Dunne. On the eve of their first tour, his girlfriend Camila finds out she’s pregnant, and with the pressure of impending fatherhood and fame, Billy goes a little wild on the road.
Daisy and Billy cross paths when a producer realizes the key to supercharged success is to put the two together. What happens next will become the stuff of legend. 

 

   


 Intoxicating. Extraordinary. Thrilling. 


This book… There are so many words I could use to describe what I read. I cannot stop thinking about the characters, the story. How did I not read this book sooner? DAISY JONES & THE SIX is the book that I have heard for some time. Now that I read it, I cannot get out of my mind; I do not think that I ever will. DAISY JONES & THE SIX isn’t a real band, and yet it felt real to me. I wanted them to be real, for their music to be real. I felt as I was there along with Daisy, with the band, making music with them. The emotions in this book, I felt everything they felt, were the struggles they were going through. How could I not? Everything that they faced’s everything that can happen in real life. As I read DAISY JONES &THE SIX I felt watching a documentary. Sometimes it was hard to believe that it was not real. 


The music, those lyrics at the end of the book. It had me wishing that the band were real so that I could hear them. I was glad that she posted the lyrics to the songs at the end of the book. I loved the way that book was written, unlike any of the other books that I have read. DAISY JONES & THE SIX was written in interview transcript format from everyone. It made the story like a documentary, more real. I love that the book explored addiction so well and portrayed the way that addiction should be. It’s not something you can get rid of, and it’s not something that you will admit that you have. It showed how fast you could go downhill with addiction. I did wonder if Billy will get back into addiction when Daisy joined the band. I saw the connection, the attraction between Daisy and Billy, and I wondered if Daisy would end up being the one who will end their marriage. It did not take long to see how Daisy felt about Billy. That’s why I wasn’t all that surprised by the ending of the book. 


I loved how all the women in the book, how strong they were. No matter how they were feeling, they never let anyone take advantage of them. It was hard not to like them. There wasn’t anything about this book that I didn’t enjoy. I have read a book about a band before, but it wasn’t anything like this. DAISY JONES & THE SIX had me on the edge of my seat from the beginning and until the end. It’s a story that I will never forget. It’s a story that I will come back to. It was a masterpiece. A must-read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon