Nov 19, 2020

Case For Jamie (Charlotte Holmes,#3)

                                               

  

CONTAINS SPOILERS

It’s been a year since the shocking death of August Moriarty, and Jamie and Charlotte haven’t spoken.

Jamie is going through the motions at Sherringford, trying to finish his senior year without incident, with a nice girlfriend he can’t seem to fall for. 


Charlotte is on the run, from Lucien Moriarty and from her own mistakes. No one has seen her since that fateful night on the lawn in Sussex—and Charlotte wants it that way. She knows she isn’t safe to be around. She knows her Watson can’t forgive her. 


Holmes and Watson may not be looking to reconcile, but when strange things start happening, it’s clear that someone wants the team back together. Someone who has been quietly observing them both. Making plans. Biding their time.
Someone who wants to see one of them suffer and the other one dead. 

 

  

 

I love mysteries. I had loved mysteries from the moment I read Nancy Drew in middle school. However, it’s Sherlock Holmes that had me falling in love with mysteries. It’s one of my favorite genres to read. I had came across Charlotte Holmes in 2016. I couldn’t help but be curious about the series. I ended up re-reading the first book so I could read CASE FOR JAMIE . I cannot get enough of these books, and after reading CASE FOR JAMIE , I am eager to pick up the next book in the series; how can I not? I loved that Charlotte’s POV was introduced in this book. From the moment that I started reading the books, I was curious about how Charlotte was feeling, what she was thinking. Charlotte Holmes Is one series that I wished I discovered sooner than I have. I wish that Charlotte and Jamie were not separated for most of the book, but I understood why they were. I was wondering what would happen between the two of them since the ending of the last book. I was waiting for them to reunite and realize that they need each other. 


I loved the first two books. However, CASE FOR JAMIE was my favorite of the series so far. It had me wishing that I didn’t have classes. I wanted to keep on reading; I wanted to see what happened with them. If the two of them would make up. The two of them were like Sherlock and Watson. Their bond. Their friendship. I wasn’t sure if they were good together, in a relationship. Anytime they tried, something happened. It seemed that whenever Jamie was with Charlotte, something bad happened. Yet, they wouldn’t be able to do it on their own. At least that is the feeling I got. I am eager to see what happens to the two of them next. Most of all, what trouble they will find each other in next. CASE FOR JAMIE will have you turning page after page. One chapter will turn into ten more. I don’t think I can’t count how many times I told myself I would stop, only to find myself reading for two more hours. This is not a book you will want to put down. 


I don’t remember the last time I like characters, as much as I love Charlotte and Jamie. I feel as they became my friends. They are the type of people I would befriend. However, Charlotte can be a little intense and scary at times. This is a series I will be re-reading multiple times. It is a series that I recommended to my friends. It’s one of the books that I don’t want to come to an end. Yet, at the same time, I do wonder what will happen. Especially with Jamie and Charlotte, will two of them end up together or remain best friends. As you reach the end of the book, the questions that you find yourself asking. I was curious who was messing with Jamie and why. I knew that if anyone could help him figure out, it’s Charlotte. I wonder what case they will end up solving next. Do you love mysteries? Even if you were a fan of Sherlock Holmes, this is a series that you will not want to miss. Be ready for the adventure of a lifetime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon