Jan 25, 2020

The How & the Why.

☆☆☆
the how & The Why.
cynthia hand.

Publisher  HarperTeen.
Publication Date:November 5,2019.
Genre: YA Contemporary.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|450.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.


















 CONTAINS SPOILERS



Today Melly had us writing letters to our babies…



Cassandra McMurtrey has the best parents a girl could ask for. They’ve given Cass a life she wouldn’t trade for the world. She has everything she needs—except maybe the one thing she wants. Like, to know who she is. Where she came from. Questions her adoptive parents can’t answer, no matter how much they love her.



But eighteen years ago, someone wrote Cass a series of letters. And they may just hold the answers Cass has been searching for. 



 





Heartwarming. Powerful. Thrilling.



One of the most emotional books that I read this year so far. Not a single page where I was not going through emotions, where I wanted to stop reading. The only reason it took me this long to read was because my spring semester started; otherwise, I would read it all day if I could. There were so many times where I had force myself to put down because I had class or work in the morning, I could not get enough. THE HOW AND THE WHY was beautifully written story alternating between Cass’s point of view and the letters. I have read few pregnancy/ adoption books before but nothing like this before. I was hooked within a couple of minutes of picking up the book. Every page had me on the edge of my seat and I kept wondering if Cass would find her biological mother, and if she did, what would happen? There was not a single moment in the book where I did not wonder what is going to happen next. You will have trouble putting this book down.



I loved the relationship between Cass and Nyla. Even if they did, had a slight falling out in the book; in the end, they were still there for one another. Their friendship reminds our relationship and me of a couple of my best friends and that after all these years, we are always there for each other. Cass and Nyla have the kind of friendship that will last for a lifetime. When the two of them had the big fight, I was rooting for them to make it through and hoped that it would not be the end of their friendship. I enjoyed the fact that this story was more family and friendship based then romance. It was something different. I did wonder if Cass would actually find her biological mother and if they were reunited, what would happen. I felt as I had the same thoughts going through me as if Cass did. I was curious about it. I was eager to see what would happen. It was the part of the story that had me on the edge of my seat until the end.



Bastian. I did not see that coming. Like Cass, I felt, as there were signs there, that there was a connection between the two of them. I was as in much shock like Cass was. That was one of the twists that I did not even imagine. One of my favorite parts of the story was the letters, I loved how she was writing the letters to Cass, and how she was telling her story to her. I was kind of hoping that Cass would get a chance to read them. There was not anything that I did not love about this book. It was realistic and inspiring, at least to me. I have read books by CYNTHIA HAND before but it has been years since I had. Now I remember why I loved it so much. She makes you feel connected to the characters and the story. THE HOW AND THE WHY is a story about family, friendship, love, choices, hope and disappointments. Everyone should read this book. A story that you will be telling your family and friends. Be prepared for a thrilling and emotional ride.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon