Jul 23, 2017

Paper Hearts (The Heartbreakers Chronicles,#2)

☆☆☆
paper hearts.
Heartbreakers Chronicles,#2
ali novak.

Publisher  Sourcebooks Fire.
Publication Date: July 4,2017.
Genre: YA  Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages:  Paperback|384.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.












“I’m sorry,” he said, slowly untying the ribbon that held his mask in place. “It’s just…I didn’t want you to think of me any differently.”



Somehow I kept my mouth from falling open. I knew his face, but my mind couldn’t accept that he was the person looking down at me.



“My real name is Alec.”



Felicity has her entire future planned. Ever since her older sister ran away, she’s had the full weight of her mother’s expectations on her shoulders. So she works hard to get straight As and save for college.



Except sometimes the best things in life are unplanned—like when Felicity meets a handsome, masked stranger while she is volunteering at a charity masquerade ball. She never thought he’d flirt with her. And she certainly never thought he’d turn out to be a member of the world-famous band the Heartbreakers.



Then Felicity uncovers a shocking family secret. Suddenly, she, Alec, and her two best friends are off on a road trip to find Felicity’s missing sister. And she’s about to discover that unexpected turns have a peculiar way of landing her right where she needs to be…


 





I fell in love with this series again. I have been craving the 2nd book in Heartbreakers Chronicles since I read THE HEARTBREAKERS back in 2015, I even re-read it before reading PAPER HEARTS and from first page, it took my breath away and even though I loved the first book, to me it felt as if I fell in love with series more after reading 2nd book. I couldn’t get enough of Alec and Felicity’s story. I wanted to see how it would end for the two of them, at the same time I didn’t want it to end, because I didn’t want to say goodbye to two of them. I’m sure that it won’t be the last of them, but to me it felt like I was saying goodbye. Felicity, Alec and the rest of heartbreakers, they were real to me. In general, the entire story felt real. It filled with so much emotion that you can’t help but get attached to the story, the characters.



I loved Alec since THE HEARTBREAKERS and I was excited to read his story. He had always been one of my favorites and the type of guy that any girl would want. One of sweetest guys who seems put others ahead of himself, at least that’s a feeling I got. He reminded me a lot of my cousin, Rex. His actions and the way that he treated others, he was just like Alec. I could see there was connection between Felicity and Alec right away and despite her mom telling her to stay away from him, Felicity couldn’t seem to be able to. It’s not hard to figure out how much Alec cared about Felicity, considering how he went out of his way to help her find her sister, considering how he didn’t know her that well. I don’t think that he would done it unless he cared about her. I loved the scenes between the two of them, the way that they were around each other, how they acted around each other. Of course you can guess how much I was smiling when they kissed. They made each other happy and that made me happy. I think that Alec and Felicity are my favorite couple from the series, at least so far.



PAPER HEARTS was a beautiful, heart aching story about love and family. There were a lot of emotions through this book, between Alec dealing with his controlling father, to Felicity’s family drama. I am not sure how they were able deal with it all. If I were in their situation, I think I would had a breakdown sooner. I don’t think that I would been able to deal with it like Felicity did. Yet, I don’t think she would gotten as far as she did, if it wasn’t for Alec and her friends. PAPER HEARTS is a novel that is worth more than five stars, it was… extraordinary and I can’t wait for the next in series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon