Apr 30, 2017

Love, Lucy.

☆☆☆
love,Lucy.
april lindner.

Publisher Poppy.
Publication Date: January 27,2015.
Genre:  YA  Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|304.
          Source:  Goodreads|Library












While backpacking through Florence, Italy, during the summer before she heads off to college, Lucy Sommersworth finds herself falling in love with the culture, the architecture, the food...and Jesse Palladino, a handsome street musician.



After a whirlwind romance, Lucy returns home, determined to move on from her "vacation flirtation." But just because summer is over doesn't mean Lucy and Jesse have to be, does it?

In this stunning novel, April Lindner perfectly captures the highs and lows of a summer love that might just be meant to last beyond the season.






When I came across this novel on Goodreads, the description had sparked my interest enough that I was curious about it. I did not have high expectations about the book because I had never read book by this author. Once I started reading it, I couldn’t stop and I wished that I had picked it up sooner that I had. LOVE, LUCY was breathtaking, and half of it took place in Italy, one of places that I love to see in the future. Now that I have read LOVE, LUCY I am eager to see it even more. When Lucy was in Italy and when she was exploring it with Jesse, and way that she describes the sights that they seen, those sights I could picture them despite never being in Italy. Can it be more romantic then fall in love in Italy? I think it’s one of most romantic places for love. I couldn’t get enough of Jesse and Lucy, the two of them were almost always on the move, and it had me wondering what adventure they would come across them next. APRIL LINDNER has a way to have you feel that you took the adventure along with Lucy and Jesse, as if you were part of a story.



At first I assumed that Jesse and Lucy will be nothing but summer fling, considering that Lucy would be leaving her vacation. There was this feeling that maybe the two of them were falling for each other too fast, it didn’t feel realistic at first. I also didn’t think it was nice of Lucy to ditch her friend who she met recently. I know she tried to include her, but at the same time I didn’t feel like she meant it. However, I loved the scenes between Lucy and Jesse, the sights that they seen. It did not take long for me to see how Jesse cared about Lucy, especially when he asked her to stay. I wasn’t sure if he loved her or not, I did know that he cared about her, more than a summer romance. After Lucy left, I wondered if they would keep touch, if it would be the same. I was angry with Jesse for not keeping touch with her, at same time I wondered if there was reason behind it.



I loved that Jesse and Lucy ended up back with each other. I did not like how the two of them ended together. I did not like that Lucy cheated on Shane. I think that she should broken up with him, moment that Jesse showed up and kissed her. Shane did nothing but try to please her, he even offered to stay with him, help her found a job when he found out about her father. He might not been in love with her, but he cared about her. My heart broke for him. He did not deserve that. There was one character I could not like and that was Lucy’s father. Mostly I did not like how he treated her, and tried bully her in doing something that she did not even like. Way he threatened to stop paying for her college, just because she joined one play. Aren’t parents supposed support her children? I am glad that she at least had her mom to support her. I was glad that in end everything worked out for her. I was thinking about story long after I finished it.



A beautiful love story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon