Wednesday, September 30

Undercover Light(Lights,Love,Vegas,#1)

 

 
  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
 
  4.5★
 Thank you to author,Yuliana Zaikman for providing with eARC.  All opinions are my own.  
 
 


Nanny turned amateur sleuth. 


Ukrainian hotel mogul turned single dad. 


And a relentless detective who might tear them apart. 


Aurora Sinclair is a failure. At least that’s what she thinks when she’s not selected for a crucial internship, and her dream of becoming a school psychologist hits a dead end. Hoping for a change, Aurora decides to take a stopgap nanny job for a boy whose mother recently died under suspicious circumstances. When she meets his father, Sergei Chernov, she’s taken aback by his unapproachable demeanor. However, as they spend time together, Aurora discovers the soft, hopeful layer beneath, making it hard to keep boundaries from blurring. 


Sergei is a guarded Ukrainian mogul opening a luxury hotel in Las Vegas. Following his wife’s tragic death, Sergei is determined to be the best papa he can be. When Aurora enters his home, she ignites an unexpected attraction that threatens to complicate his already messy world. While navigating these feelings, he must protect his loved ones from the shadows of his past. 


But when Daniel Custode, an overzealous detective, finds out that Aurora is working for Sergei, he pressures her into joining his investigation to prove Sergei is responsible for his wife’s death. As Daniel’s demands escalate, Aurora grows increasingly determined to clear Sergei’s name. She must decide whether to betray the man she’s falling for—or come clean and risk losing him.

 

 ðŸŒ·

Where do I begin? It was a joy to read this book. Undercover Light had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. Every chapter had me craving for more; wondering what was going to happen next between Aurora and Sergei, and what Aurora and Daniel would uncover next. Daniel, I wasn’t so sure about him, and even though I understood why he did it, he seemed so sure that it was Sergei who was responsible for his wife’s death; it seemed like he didn’t even want to consider that it could have been someone else. I was curious to see what he would uncover. Like Daniel and Aurora, I was curious to find out what happened to Alessia. 


Undercover Light had me going through a range of emotions as I read. I adored the bond between Aurora and Misha; it was as if she were meant to be his nanny. I think it was because of her that Sergei started spending more time with his son. I could tell when Sergei fell for Aurora, even if he tried to deny his feelings. The way that he looked out for her. The way he seemed to want to spend time with her and Misha. I knew that it was only a matter of time until they fell for each other. Plus, Aurora was trying to learn Russian. I'm Russian, and it's a hard language to learn. I was rooting for them throughout the book, but I was also afraid of what might happen if Sergei found out what Aurora was doing. 


I was born in Ukraine, so I loved that one of main characters was Ukrainian, and he has my brother’s name. I have read few romance mystery books, but this one; it was unique and that was one of my favorite aspects of the book. I loved how the story kept you on guessing. The last few chapters of the book, I couldn’t put down, and probably stayed up later than should have, to finish it. I’m so excited that there is going be a second book! A beautifully written debut novel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang