Jun 24, 2023

The Identicals.

 
 CONTAINS SPOILERS


Nantucket is only two and a half hours away from Martha's Vineyard by ferry. But the two islands might as well be worlds apart for a set of identical twin sisters who have been at odds for years. When a family crisis forces them to band together — or at least appear to — the twins slowly come to realize that the special bond that they share is more important than the sibling rivalry that's driven them apart for the better part of their lives. A touching depiction of all the pleasures and annoyances of the sibling relationship, Elin Hilderbrand's next New York Times bestseller, THE IDENTICALS proves once and for all that just because twins look exactly the same doesn't mean they're anything alike. 

    


I have been reading Elin Hilderbrand since 2012, and I have yet to come across book of hers that I didn’t love. Her stories, and characters are the ones that you cannot help but fall in love with. To me, her characters feel so real, and the emotions of each of them, I find myself feeling the same emotions. The Identicals was told from different characters point of view, and each had a lot of different emotions. I wondered about the title when I came across the book, was there a reason behind the title? When I read the book, the title made more sense. The Identicals was different from the other Elin’s books, at least in my opinion, but the difference is what made the book unique. I loved that the book had view from Harper’s and Tabitha’s point of view, a way for reader to get known each twin, separately. I couldn’t help but wonder, what is it that Harper did after what happened to Jillian, to make Tabitha hater her own sister that much? The Identicals is not the type of book that you will be putting down, not anytime soon. 


I loved that there were little stories about Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, it sounded like a tour guide, and it made me want to go to the both places. The descriptions of both those place, I imagined myself being there and it took my breath away. That’s what I love about Elin’s books, her descriptions always make you wish that you could transport there. Nantucket is beautiful to me, and I hope that one day I get to visit it. While reading the book, I wondered if Harper and Tabitha will get their relationship to the way that it was, before everything fell apart. As I progressed in the book, I had a bad feeling that their realthionship would not get to way it was. I didn’t like that Tabitha blamed Harper to what happened to Jillian, how could his death be Harper’s fault? Grief can do so much to a person, and in this case, it tore two sisters apart. From the way that Tabitha acted, I had a feeling that she would never forgive her sister. 


I love books about families, about sisters. I don’t even remember the last time that I read books about twins. I have read books about twins about the past, but none of them were anything like I read in The Identicals . It’s one of those books that I wished that I have read sooner than I have; a book that I will be returning to in the future. If you haven’t read any Elin Hilderbrand books, I would highly recommend this one, especially if you enjoy books about families. The Identicals a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon