Dec 23, 2019

With The Fire On High.

☆☆☆
with the fire on high.
elizabeth acevedo.

Publisher  HarperTeen.
Publication Date:May 7,2019.
Genre: YA Contemporary.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|400.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.

















 CONTAINS SPOILERS


With her daughter to care for and her abuela to help support, high school senior Emoni Santiago has to make the tough decisions, and do what must be done. The one place she can let her responsibilities go is in the kitchen, where she adds a little something magical to everything she cooks, turning her food into straight-up goodness.



Still, she knows she doesn’t have enough time for her school’s new culinary arts class, doesn’t have the money for the class’s trip to Spain — and shouldn’t still be dreaming of someday working in a real kitchen. But even with all the rules she has for her life — and all the rules everyone expects her to play by — once Emoni starts cooking, her only real choice is to let her talent break free. 



 
 




Heartwarming. Magical. Beautifully written story.



I feel as if I have no words about this story. WITH THE FIRE ON HIGH had me going through so many emotions as I read it, that I am not sure if I could even put it in words. WITH THE FIRE ON HIGH is a story that will have you thinking from time to time, at least that is what it did with me. One of the things that I loved about this story is how real it was. WITH THE FIRE ON HIGH is the story that could happen and I am sure that few people might relate to Emoni. From the moment that I started reading the story, I could not stop, and even if I never experienced anything like Emoni, I felt as I could connect to her. Emoni is the character that you cannot help but fall in love with and the way that she was with her daughter, you could tell how much she loved her, how she wanted what was the best for her daughter. I loved the scenes between Emoni and her daughter, the type of scenes that will melt your heart.



I love reading any books that involve some type of cooking. I have read a couple through the years, and so far, WITH THE FIRE ON HIGH is my favorite. Title was one of the things that capture my attention when I was a library. I was curious about the title. Now when I have read the book, it makes sense and it fits the story perfectly, along with the stunning cover. I even want to try the recipes that were posted in the book and mentioned in the story. Besides her daughter, I could tell how much cooking made her happy. It reminds me a lot of me with my writing. I love that she added her own twists to the food, which is what both my dad and my brother do when they are cooking. I am glad that she decided to take the culinary class at her school. There was not a single page that did not keep my attention. The more I read, the more I seemed to fall in love with the story.



WITH THE FIRE ON HIGH was the first story that I read by ELIZABETH ACEVEDO and now that I have read this breathtaking book, I cannot wait to discover her other ones. I loved everything about this book, the story, the characters, and the voice. I could go on and on. Once you pick this book up, you will not put it down until you reach the ending. A story won’t be able to forget. One of the best, inspiring books that I read this year. I highly recommend this book to everyone.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon