Jun 4, 2017

City Of Bones ( Mortal Instruments, #1)

☆☆☆
city of bones.
Mortal Instruments,#1
cassandra clare.

Publisher  Margaret K. Mcelderry.
Publication Date: March 27, 2007.
Genre: YA  Fantasy| Romance
Format|Pages:  Hardcover|485.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.











When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?



This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...




I seem to be loss of words when it comes to this book. I had orginally read CITY OF BONES back in 2015 and since been a while I decided to re-read it before reading other books in series. Once I started to re-read it, I remembered how much I loved this book, the characters, the story and the writing. CITY OF BONES will have your attention until the end book and will have you wanting more. Right after I finished CITY OF BONES I wanted to pick up the next book in the series right away. How could I not? I could not get enough of the characters and I wanted to know what would happen with them next, especially with Clary and Jace. Even I wasn’t expecting that twist, like Jace and Clary I was in complete shock when I found out and denial. Jace and Clary, siblings? I am pretty sure that was not something that anybody was expecting.



Jace and Clary had this bond from the start, even if they wouldn’t show it at start. I don’t believe that Clary liked him that much at first. Of course, I couldn’t blame her considering how Jace acted half of time, I wasn’t sure if I liked him at first myself. It became clear how much Jace cared about Clary, way that he always protected her. When they found that Valentine was their father, that Jace was Jonnathan,Clary’s brother who supposed died all those years back. I actually re-read it few times as to make sure that I read it right. I was right along with Clary there, I did not want to believe it. Of course, they had to find out after they shared that kiss. I couldn’t help but wonder what was going to happen now, if the two of them would be able to stay away from each other, or they would be able to move on. The way that the two of them connected, I have a feeling that it would be hard to move past the bond that the two of them have established. I am eager to see what happens with them next.



CITY OF BONES did not have a single dull moment, there was always something happening in the story, and kept you on the edge of your seat. It’s one of those series that I wished I read sooner than I had. I can’t wait to see what adventures and of course challenges a waits everyone next. I have this feeling thatMortal Instruments will be a series that I am going to fall in love with.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon