Mar 12, 2017

The Epidemic(The Program,#0.6)

☆☆☆
the epidemic.
The Program,#0.6
suzanne young.

Publisher  Simon Pulse.
Publication Date: April 19,2016.
Genre: YA  Science Fiction| Romance
Format|Pages:  Hardcover|385.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.










In a world before The Program…



Quinlan McKee has spent her life acting as other people. She was a closer—a person hired to play the role of the recently deceased in order to give their families closure. Through this process, Quinn learned to read people and situations, even losing a bit of herself to do so. But she couldn’t have guessed how her last case would bring down her entire world.



The only person Quinn trusts is Deacon, her best friend and the love of her life. Except Deacon’s been keeping secrets of his one, so Quinn must set out alone to find Arthur Pritchard, the doctor who’s been trying to control her life. The journey brings Quinn to Arthur’s daughter, Virginia, who tells Quinn the truth about Pritchard’s motives. The former closer will start to see that she is the first step in fighting an epidemic.



But Quinlan doesn’t want to be a cure. And with all the lies surrounding her, she realizes she has no one left to rely on but herself—even if she doesn’t know who that is anymore.


 





It's official, I’m in love with SUZANNE YOUNG ‘s writing. How can you not be? All those emotions that she has you going through while you reading the novel. The story pulls you into it deep, to the point where you don’t want to stop till you reach the end. I know for fact that this is the story that I will find myself talking about with my friends. I am still thinking about it, I am still wondering what will happen to them after. I feel like I am left with more questions at the end then when I had started. I loved all her stories from The Program series so far. I got admit that Quinn’s story had been my favorite so far. There wasn’t a single dull moment, THE EPIDEMIC had my full attention from the beginning to start. I was sad, I got angry, I got happy and I had hope. To me, the story and the characters they were all real. It was if I became part of them and went through this incredible, terrifying journey along with them. Out of all the books that I had read THE EPIDEMIC was the most emotional one to read. I can’t even count how many times I reached for tissues and how many times I was close to tears. It felt like a heartache.



As you can probably guess, I was happy when Deacon and Quinn found their way back to each other, especially after Quinn found out the truth about Deacon. Once she found out, I didn’t think that they could have the relationship that they did before. Neither did I think that Deacon would ever tell her that he loved her. I loved the scenes between the two of them, it put a smile on my face every single time. What Quinn and Deacon had, was true love and the two of them belonged with each other. I was terrified when Deacon went missing and I was afraid of what they were doing to him, that they could erased his memory. I was relieved that Quinn and others could get to him in time. It would been heartbreaking if he forgot her. I was glad that the two of them could finally be with one another. At least somebody had a bit of a happy ending and after everything they went through, they deserved it.



This seems happen to me a lot when it comes to novels. Just when I get a new favorite character, that character gets killed off. It’s not first time and I am sure that it won’t be the last time it happened. In this case Reed, Like Quinn and her friends I couldn’t help but like him. He’s the guy that any girl would be happy to be with. I don’t want dislike Virginia but I do. He was fine till he spent some time with her and he went downhill fast from there. She’s the reason that Epidemic started and it all clicked in place after Reed’s suicide. Everyone that spent some time with her, it was not long after where they would commit suicide. I can see why everyone started to freak out because it got out of control. As much as I liked Reed, I am glad it didn’t get to Quinn, Aaron and Deacon, those three are my favorites. There is part of me that is sad that Quinn’s story is over, but at same time I am curious about the next story, the next adventures. I have a feeling that SUZANNE YOUNG is an author I am going to read years to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon